Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
zeebot
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My new Vicious Monolith! Updated pics!

So i finally went up to pick up my new frame!!! cant WAIT to get it built up tomorrow and take it for a spin. This is my first ever made-to-fit frame and i'm itching to hit the trails and ride the crap out of it:) Going to get a great break-in next sunday during a 70mi race with over 10,000ft of climbing!!!

Enjoy the pics!

Attachments

·
zeebot
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
more pics

Spookykinkajou said:
So i finally went up to pick up my new frame!!! cant WAIT to get it built up tomorrow and take it for a spin. This is my first ever made-to-fit frame and i'm itching to hit the trails and ride the crap out of it:) Going to get a great break-in next sunday during a 70mi race with over 10,000ft of climbing!!!

Enjoy the pics!
more pics!

Attachments

·
Needed Less ~ Did More
1,012 Posts
TheRedMantra said:
Very nice paintjob, that thing is beautiful! That 1 looks like a 7 though.
70years in "dog-years" (x7 human years) :D

Is that a bottle opener under the LH chainstay? How very 90's, all single-speeds should now come with a matching hip-flask for a fine 18year old single malt whisky! ;) (according to some UK singlespeeders.....eh, Chipps?)

NOTE TO SELF: Must get Raoul at FERROUS to have a custom engraved hip-flask done to match my new frame :cool:

SSP

·
zeebot
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's definitely a bottle opener on the left side. They come standard on his frames.

The paint is pretty funky. It changes shades depending on the angle of light. sometimes it's blue and red other times it goes to fiery redish pink and very deep purple.

The race is in vermont at jay peak pretty close to canada. going to be a rough one!

www.jaychallenge.com

·
zeebot
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
full bike pics!

Build:
easton carbon dh bar
thomson stem
king headset
magura marta sl brakes
xtr cranks with american classic spider and a 34T spot chainring
eggbeater stainless steel pedals
easton ec70 seatpost
surly contrictor collar
wtb rocket V stealth saddle
american classic disc lite hubs on velocity vxc rims
on the freewheel i have boone spacers with a boone cog.
mutano 2.4 up front and mutano 2.24 in the rear both with stan's.

total build weighed today was a bit over 21 pounds.

O yeah, i forgot to mention the most important part. I rode it today for about an hour. not as long as i had wanted but it started raining really hard! The bike rides and handles like a dream. it fits me so much better than the surly making descents WAY more controlled especially at high speeds and it seems to just feel better going over bumps like it muffles them or feels more solid. dont really know the right words to describe it yet!:)

Attachments

·
Registered
380 Posts
Witness Account

Spookykinkajou said:
O yeah, i forgot to mention the most important part. I rode it today for about an hour. not as long as i had wanted but it started raining really hard! The bike rides and handles like a dream. it fits me so much better than the surly making descents WAY more controlled especially at high speeds and it seems to just feel better going over bumps like it muffles them or feels more solid. dont really know the right words to describe it yet!:)
After having accompanied Spooky on that little ride today I can attest that it is one beautiful frame. Kinda makes my Bontrager look like it's got waaaaaay too many gears. As in, more than one. But that'll change this week (A story for another post).

Soooo... Anyone wanna buy a pink Surly 1x1 frame? Spooky, since you left it in my car I assumed you wanted me to sell it, right? (=

·
zeebot
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BontyRider said:
After having accompanied Spooky on that little ride today I can attest that it is one beautiful frame. Kinda makes my Bontrager look like it's got waaaaaay too many gears. As in, more than one. But that'll change this week (A story for another post).

Soooo... Anyone wanna buy a pink Surly 1x1 frame? Spooky, since you left it in my car I assumed you wanted me to sell it, right? (=
I authorize you to sell it. I'll even give you a free surly chain tugg for your troubles.

·
Angry bunny
4,948 Posts
If, and ONLY if, you were to sell it (because face it we dont want to be seen to be spamming without an advertisement), what would you be selling??
Frame/ frame and fork/ complete bike??

·
zeebot
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
toowoombarider said:
If, and ONLY if, you were to sell it (because face it we dont want to be seen to be spamming without an advertisement), what would you be selling??
Frame/ frame and fork/ complete bike??
sell my new bike? uhm, youre kidding right? you'd have to pay a hella lot of money to get that thing out of my hand. i waited 2 months for the frame!

·
zeebot
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
toowoombarider said:
Sorry Spooky. I think you or I or both of us are confused. I was talking about the Pink Surly that was mentioned by Bontyrider hence the quote I made about it in my initial post. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
O, Yeah, I'd sell that frame. It's 4 months old 18" frame. see surly for details.

i'd say the ideal size for that frame is someone thats about 5'10 but obviously there are variables. i'm 6' and it was JUST a tad small but pleased me for 4 months of hard riding.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.