Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dirt Diva Little h
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here she is after much duscussion and debating and input from this here community. My first Uzzi! She comes in at 36.7#. Ready to fly.

Small works frame w/ dhx 5.0 #350 spring
Totem Coil w/ white spring ( 6.1# w/ full steerer and axle)
Thomson seatpost - silver
WTB camo seat
FSA 1.5 Orbit extreme pro ( converted from 1.5R) - black
FSA gravitylight 60mm 1.5 stem - black
Bontrager King earl 50mm raise bar -pewter
ODI ruffian MX silver locks
Saint cranks and brakes 8" rotors
X-7 triggers and rear derailluer
Bontrager rhythm elite wheelset - pewter
Kenda Blue groove 2.5 stick-E, and Nevegal 2.35
DMR V10 Mag pedals limited edition w/ Ti spindles - black and gold
e. thirteen bash ring w/ Blackspire stinger
XT front derailluer
Sram 970 cassette and 990 hollowpin chain
Hope rear skewer,seatpost clamp, and bar ends (not pictured) - gold

Thanks to everyone who posted and answered my fork questions. The totem fits perfect. It does not touch the downtube due to my previous filing for the van36 and with the lowspeed compression knob up it barely touches it but does not stop the bars at all. Also the bonty wheels are nice with DT swiss hubs, can be run tubeless and have a 5 year warranty. Now I just need some time to ride and a Ti spring!

·
Registered
729 Posts
totem

It looks awesome. I am curious about one thing and don't take it the wrong way please, it is just an observation. How come you decided on the black Totem over the Galvanized? I would think that with the Works frame the Galvanized would have gone good????? Well it was probably your color preference...... Nice build!

·
Dirt Diva Little h
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not my choice. The galvanized totem coil is an OEM fork only. I spoke to RS twice about it and they told me I could buy the lowers for $200. Thanks but no thanks.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Looks great! :thumbsup:
Agree that the color of the fork is not worth the extra $$$$.
Pretty low weight for the build. I guess the small frame saves you a lot. Are the tires dual ply?

·
Dirt Diva Little h
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No single ply. I'm real light and I have run single ply at Diablo and Plattekill without any problems. I'm thinking of getting some Maxxis Tubeless DHR & DHF for it and I would not have to change anything and it would still be around the same weight.

·
Dirt Diva Little h
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
3. I know it is scary but I really want a 6.6 too. I would have gotten the 6.6 slopestyle instead of the uzzi but it was not annouced when I bought this one. I figure the M1 will not last forever considering the headtube was slightly ovalized and it is made from a softer metal then stock. So the uzzi will take over dh duties in the future and the 6.6 would fit nicely between it and the 5.5.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
3. I know it is scary but I really want a 6.6 too. I would have gotten the 6.6 slopestyle instead of the uzzi but it was not annouced when I bought this one. I figure the M1 will not last forever considering the headtube was slightly ovalized and it is made from a softer metal then stock. So the uzzi will take over dh duties in the future and the 6.6 would fit nicely between it and the 5.5.
that uzzi looks FAST! nice work...

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
No single ply. I'm real light and I have run single ply at Diablo and Plattekill without any problems. I'm thinking of getting some Maxxis Tubeless DHR & DHF for it and I would not have to change anything and it would still be around the same weight.
Maxxis doesn't offer a single ply 2.5" tubeless tire! So you end up with more weight as the single ply + welterweight tubes are lighter. Only solution would be Stan's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.