Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Chumba F4 came on Monday. It's a 2006 model that I got with an Avy rear shock, CK No Threadset headset, and the seat and seat post for $650. I just felt like putting pictures up to show you guys. The Monster is temporary, I just wanted to put a fork on to see what it looks like. I'll probably get a Boxxer Team.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know. I can't wait until I get it built. Unfortunately that was all my money I had to spend. Now I have to build up some money paycheck by paycheck to get the rest of the parts. But I'll have it built by mid May hopefully. Hopefully I'll order my Outlaws next week. Also, anyone have experience with the gatorbrake six pistons?

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,664 Posts
awesome... you should have your shock revalved at avalanche if the rider you got it from was of a different weight than you.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Kjcorley said:
I know. I can't wait until I get it built. Unfortunately that was all my money I had to spend. Now I have to build up some money paycheck by paycheck to get the rest of the parts. But I'll have it built by mid May hopefully. Hopefully I'll order my Outlaws next week. Also, anyone have experience with the gatorbrake six pistons?
do you really need 6 pistons??? do you have a credit card....parents credit card

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,664 Posts
Kjcorley said:
Any idea how much that costs? And what do they actually do? I know I'm probably going to have to get a different spring since I only weigh 130lbs.
$85 check out the link here: http://avalanchedownhillracing.com/service.html

Revalving is to optimize the dampers peformance for the rider. Give them a call at the number listed and they'll have more info.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Kjcorley said:
Probably not but they are relatively cheap in comparison to other brakes for the amount of power that I think they will provide. They are I think 170 each on pricepoint.com. Just wondering if anyone has used or knows anything about them.
you can get Saints cheaper and they are lighter

·
Equal opportunity meanie
2,781 Posts
As much as I love the Saints the Juicies are still worthy brakes and can be found really damned cheap online right now - like $130ish a brake with the rotors prebled.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Kjcorley said:
Any idea how much that costs? And what do they actually do? I know I'm probably going to have to get a different spring since I only weigh 130lbs.
130 POUNDS!! Forget the spring, at that weight you could get away with using a few cotton balls! Sure you gotta enough muscle to handle a big bike like that? Just bustin your chops, sweet brand-new-old bike.:ciappa:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.