Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Spanish biker
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, here my new triple light, very, very easy of doing, how you can see, I hope that like us :)

I have used a square tuve of 40x40mm and PVC tube of external diameter of 40x40mm too.

Now glued the PVC tubes to the aluminium tube

Inside view, I have used too a "custom" inside heatsink how you can see

Glued the 3 leds to the aluminium tube (I have used 2 Cree Q5 and 1 Cree P4, I know that have was better use R2 leds, but was that I had :D )

I make holes in the square tube and I have soldered the cables...

Now I have solder the cables to the swich, drivers and power conection, I have used 3 drivers to can use a battery of only 7,4 volts :)

Inside view, I have used too a "custom" inside heatsink how you can see

Another view

Rear view

Another view

Power supply put on the tube

Inside view

Switch put on the tube

Inside view

I have isolated the driver with....(sorry, but I don't know how it say in english "manguera termoretractil") :madman:

Another view

Another upper view

Bottom view, I have used a H-24 spacer from Cateye

Front view

Well, I still don't have ended the light, already don't have put the lateral caps, but I hope ended soon and put any beamshot :D

Greetings - Saludos

msxtr

·
Spanish biker
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cytoe said:
Those look like Kennan drivers. What are you powering them w/? I've had 3 die on me:(...I miss the old design.
Yes, are the "new" kennan drivers

And I have used this drivers in several DIY lights and work perfectly....I use a Li-Ion battery of camcorder of 7,4 volts to powering...

I had a "old" kennan driver and die too....I think that this drivers are better do than the olds...

Greetings - Saludos

msxtr

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Nice big 35mm? optics and individual drivers, it should be nice and bright.:thumbsup:

Another request for beam shots please, outside on the trail would be nice.

manguera termoretractil = Heat shrink;)

·
Spanish biker
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
troutie-mtb said:
:thumbsup: that is bright :thumbsup:
can you switch 2 lights off and do a shot with just 1 , then 2 , and we have seen 3 .

Nice work
For now I think that will use the light only with 1 switch to all leds, maybe that in the future I change the configuration to switch 1, 2 and the 3 leds...:smilewinkgrin:

Now beamshot in the country

Greetings - Saludos

msxtr

·
Spanish biker
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
troutie-mtb said:
Nice Pic :cool:a very usable beam maybe it could do with an optic swapping for a flood to fill in the near ground .:idea:
Hi, I normally use too another light with more flood beam, with the both lights I get a excellent beam of near and far :)

Greetings - Saludos

msxtr

1 - 20 of 20 Posts