Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Scuffed
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back down the firebreak up the back of my house. My new top speed on the Giant Reign 2 is 77.9km. And that was with my XC helmet on which I just discovered is cracked right through from when I came off on the BMX track a couple weeks back. I'm am in the que for the new Fox Flux helmet. I don't usually do downhill, mainly just agressive trails, try to do stuff on the BMX track and quite a bit of road due to some nagging injuries and sun going down to early after work now. Do you think a can get away with just this helmet or do you think I should get a full face like Bell Ballistic or Specialized Deviant. The Speci looks pretty breezy. Is anyone using it just for agressive XC? Green Bicycle part Bicycle accessory Bicycle Carbon

·
Registered
419 Posts
Impressive, you kicked my butt. My personal best was 68.8 kmh on my Reign 2. Havent been brave enough to try for a similar speed on the Trance 0 !

Interesting place to mount the computer, or did you put it there just for the photo ?

Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
maybe helmet cracked because of 77.9km wind! u sure there was no electric or magnetic interference with computer? mine show max speed 101.7km and i was waiting for light to change.

·
Scuffed
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Water was cause it started raining on the way home and had been drizzling just before the run so the track wasn't as scetchy as previous. No magnetic interference, it's a forestry firebreck so no traffic lights :) and I couldn't get wound right up as there was a walker heading up with a dog. Yeah, I busted my helmet at the BMX track so am in the que for a new Fox Flux :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts