Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Born to Ride
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pictures of the first teter I have ever built. The original plan was to have a small drop at the end, but that proved deadly. It sent two people over the bars including myself. I only made it once with the drop by manualing off it, but it still wasnt pretty. I fixed it with a connecting peice so you can just ride down it now, Nice and safe for everyone. The last picture shows it completed with the transition. Check out www.formulaxdesign.com withing the next 24 hours for before and after video, and video of a nast crash by cooter that resulted in a cracked helmet! Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Born to Ride
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NRTH SHORE said:
nice teeter looks like tons of fun. once u progress make the teeter into a teeter drop.
Well the problem was that by the time it came down, you had a split second to pull up,your front wheel is already almost off the end before it teters. It needed a longer section after the pivot to be able to prepare for the drop. But we deciced to just make it ridable for eveyone, there is a very small number of us in Tulsa doing this stuff, but a lot of people are starting to come out and wanting to learn, so this is now just something fun and safe.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
well

FormulaX said:
Well the problem was that by the time it came down, you had a split second to pull up,your front wheel is already almost off the end before it teters. It needed a longer section after the pivot to be able to prepare for the drop. But we deciced to just make it ridable for eveyone, there is a very small number of us in Tulsa doing this stuff, but a lot of people are starting to come out and wanting to learn, so this is now just something fun and safe.
atleast u can still manul the whole thing or go super fast so your front tire is of the end before it starts coming down and launch it.

·
RIDE TO LIVE&LIVE TO RIDE
826 Posts
FormulaX said:
that's nonscense (jokingly put). at keystone in the skills park (in CO) i would go fast enough where my rear wheel would almost be off when it started to tip. you just have to lean back.

and on another teeter, i would use it as a jump and not even let it tip at all.

and if you guys might not think that you are up to that level, i was doing this my first summer of DH/FR and i'm not very good. i guess i was comforable doing it.

it still looks fun though.

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
I totally agree. Especially if you ride a recumbent. :eek:

ironhorsebike1 said:
that's nonscense. at keystone in the skills park (in CO) i would go fast enough where my rear wheel would almost be off when it started to tip. you just have to lean back.

and if you guys might not think that you are up to that level, i was doing this my first summer of DH/FR

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
FormulaX said:
Your problem may be that the teeter angles down too much after it tips. If you re-did it so it angles up to get on it then is closer to level after it tips the drop may be more doable.

·
Born to Ride
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ironhorsebike1 said:
that's nonscense. at keystone in the skills park (in CO) i would go fast enough where my rear wheel would almost be off when it started to tip. you just have to lean back.

and if you guys might not think that you are up to that level, i was doing this my first summer of DH/FR

Im not saying it can't be done, I did it my second time, a little sketchy but a few more times with speed would be no problem. But do to the level of riders where I ride I wanted it to be used by more riders other than myself and cooter. It's still super fun. Could be the first teeter in Oklahoma! I doubt it though.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Coot, are you really hurt?

That sux. I will be up there to ride nex weekend...

Hope ur OK

C

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.