Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· anyone else smell that?
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
beautiful sunny day here in georgia....perfect for a ride.

set 'er up for cross country.....finished tightening the bolts and adjusting the derailleurs

last time it'll ever be clean

excuse my enthusiasm.....i'm just psyched about it.

got a nice ride in. seems like everything is dialed in pretty well...except the fork is a bit stiff yet. i suppose another ride or two will correct that. also need to let a bit more air out.

i go 250 ish and the fork set for 220 lbs. seems a bit much. but this is my first decent suspension fork so it may take me a while to get it set like i want.

very nice frame.....even though it's big and burly, it's so much more compliant than my old aluminum frame.

· anyone else smell that?
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the old frame (most of the parts you see on the instigator came off of it) is a diamond back topanga aluminum.

it may have been a combo between the aluminum and the geometry or something but that frame used to kill my back. 2 good rides on the instigator and it is much more comfy to me.

now, my old, old frame is a steel diamondback that i'm repainting at the moment and will reconfigure it to a 'round town type bike was downright flexy on the trails. i don't get that out of the instigator. of course, the instigator is *much* heavier frame.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.