Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow. I really really like this bike. So damn smooth through some seriously crappy terrain. Pedals like a hardtail it's so good. I just don't know what else to day, I think I like it.
Still some work to do on it, need new rear brake hose as old one was too short, that's coming next week along with some new tyres. Also need some new forks as the 02 Super T's aren't really a brilliant match for the rear, will come with money in good time.
Anyway, basic speclist

Sunday Team Frame, 19 inch
Holzfeller cranks
Saint Brakes and front hub
E-13 guide
SRAM X-9 der and trigger
Titec El Norte stem and bar
Crappy pedals
02 Super T pro's. Look like toothpicks compared to the rest of the bike.

Weighs in at roughly 20 kg, or 44 lbs, will get a better measurement than the old as bathroom scales next week.

·
M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
3,584 Posts
Nice ride - but man your head angle looks like it's about 70 degrees on that pic. Especially with a 7" fork and the the crowns as low as they can go.

Also why did you route the rear brake housing on the TT? Not long enough to run along the DT?

Enjoy the ride!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're right, the head angle looks shocking in that picture, but it's nowhere near that steep. Much slacker than my old bike and that was at 69 degrees.Either way the forks will be gone in a month or 2.
Yeah, just waiting for the new brake hose to come into the shop. Didn't feel like spending a heap on the Michelin (I think that's who it was anyway) ones so waiting on the Shimano stuff. Will be all fixed up next week sometime.

·
sunday
110 Posts
Acadian said:
Nice ride - but man your head angle looks like it's about 70 degrees on that pic. Especially with a 7" fork and the the crowns as low as they can go.

Also why did you route the rear brake housing on the TT? Not long enough to run along the DT?

Enjoy the ride!!
if you run the cable along the lower dw link, it rubs through it. i'm going to change my cable routing on my sunday next season so it doesn't rub

·
M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
3,584 Posts
c.o.d51 said:
if you run the cable along the lower dw link, it rubs through it. i'm going to change my cable routing on my sunday next season so it doesn't rub
not if you take precautionary measures. I make sure there is enough housing to freely move so that is has a nice bow shape when fully topped out. Then I use zip ties to securely fasten the housing in a way that it 1) won't wear out from rubbing 2) not get pinched by the shock.

Both my brake and rear derailler cables were like new after the end of this year.

·
Registered
133 Posts
c.o.d51 said:
I've been running mine this way for half the season with no probs... And I believe a 22.5" AC fork gives you that pleasant 65* HA. Enjoy the ride. (hope you're running 165mm cranks :D )

Attachments

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
I just got mine yesterday! Sunday team, virtually stock. Gonna send the shock into progressive to have it tuned, though. The shock feels real stiff and rebound is real slow. Can't wait 'til I actually get to ride it.

·
sunday
110 Posts
Acadian said:
not if you take precautionary measures. I make sure there is enough housing to freely move so that is has a nice bow shape when fully topped out. Then I use zip ties to securely fasten the housing in a way that it 1) won't wear out from rubbing 2) not get pinched by the shock.

Both my brake and rear derailler cables were like new after the end of this year.
my cables are both fine, it is the link itself that is getting rubbed through, so i changed my cable routing so that it is like manwithgun's yesterday. my cables were routed along the top of the lower link, and the link was just getting rubbed horribly.

to manwithgun, do you have the new lower linkage to run the dhx or what? i'd like to run a dhx on mine...

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Prechrysler said:
I just got mine yesterday! Sunday team, virtually stock. Gonna send the shock into progressive to have it tuned, though. The shock feels real stiff and rebound is real slow. Can't wait 'til I actually get to ride it.
Finally rode it on some trails today. I was surprised at how well I could climb with it. If I had a smaller chainring, 40t on there now, I'd be gravy. The shock actually felt alot better than I initially thought, still gonna send it in to Progressive. Oh yes, the geometry is...well...perfect.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Prechrysler said:
Got my shock back from Progressive yesterday with the new tune, the difference is profound. Gone is the stickiness, the super stiffness, and the ultra slow rebound, while still retaining it's awesome pedaling ability. It's much more lively now, not as plush as I'd like, but I think I'm running too high of PSI, was running 85 before I sent it in, and I doubt that's changed. I'll have to check it and record my results. If any of you haven't already, I highly recommend sending it in to Progressive.

·
New project, TBA shortly
1,024 Posts
Prechrysler said:
Got my shock back from Progressive yesterday with the new tune, the difference is profound. Gone is the stickiness, the super stiffness, and the ultra slow rebound, while still retaining it's awesome pedaling ability. It's much more lively now, not as plush as I'd like, but I think I'm running too high of PSI, was running 85 before I sent it in, and I doubt that's changed. I'll have to check it and record my results. If any of you haven't already, I highly recommend sending it in to Progressive.
check your PSI, I had 50 in it when I sent it in and it got returned with 150! My guess is yours is somewhat the same, drop the PSI and you'll get that plushness you want.

:cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.