Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
16,290 Posts
Wait a minute... deja vu? Why does it seem like you already posted this bike? Maybe someone else posted a bike that looks way similar.

Whatever... she's a beauty! I love the black & white... it seems black & white is the new black. Red accents look sweet, too. Love the hubs. Black & white & red all under.

--sParty

·
pain is good
58 Posts
Beauty, like Sparticus said, love the colors of the bike.Question? how are the Stans notube rims, looking to get some for my SS, heard great review from mag's, but not many people who have them. Enjoy.

·
Pwning Trails
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sparty: thx, ya I think someone posted a similar stumpy, 2010 model?

halflung: love my stans, these are the flows, got em so they'd take a beating, i think a bit heavier then others but awesome!! no issues so far, never had issues with mounting: nevegals, rampage, weirwolf, and these captains. Also never had a bead come loose. I love them, highly recommend!!

MyName1sMud: yep the captain control from specialized (2.0 rear, 2.2 front). a very light tire for what they offer, great grip out back in climbs, and so far seems to be good control in the front, had about 5 rides on em so far. Was a little worried about the side walls, as the s-works get shreaded all the time from what I hear. I've gone through 2 or 3 good sharp rock garden rides and so far so good.

Snow today and tonight and tomorrow ;( good for summer forest outlook, but wish I could ride!

·
On wuss patrol
5,159 Posts
Nice Stumpy build.

Loves me Captains. Captains on the rear and Specialized Eskars or the occasional Nev up front. Works for me about anywhere, any season, here in the PNW.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.