Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone. I am new to the single speeding thing, but i have been out a couple times and love it. anyways i thought i would share some pics of my new rig i just got done building. The frame is a mid 90's dean carbon frame ( the only one i have even seen). i Stripped it completly and painted it a ralley black then. After that i added the new style decals, and built it up with all new components. Minus the old xtr wheels i had laying around. I just want some opinions on what you guys think.

Attachments

·
- factotum -
821 Posts
The fork is way too long. The BB is even higher than the rear hub. I think it won't be fun on the trail like this. The head tube can rip off like this.

But the looks... great!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i def agree with the fork i got the 100mm but i should have done the 80mm option. It does seem to handle pretty good thow the way it is. like i said i have only been on it a couple times but in some pretty technical singletrack it felt good. we will just have to see what happens. the thing is is that i am 6 feet tall and the bike is a medium so it is to small but i just love the frame and wanted to do womething diffrent with it. Kestrel made the frame for dean back then it is the only carbon frame they even produced i believe.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
thats a DEAN Sputnick, from 97-99ish, cool frame and I believe that Calfee made the frames for DEAN, I started racing for them in 99 and wanted that frame so bad but couldn't afford it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.