Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
LukeB
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just built a little something up to go alongside this-

It's a 32:16. Used to have BMX handlebars and a set of RS Judys up front, and a disc brake, but it was a bit bland. Obviously no SPDs for my own safety. You decide what's wrong with it other than the awful colour clash ;)

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
rusty chain? only one brake???

and what no hydros? no suspension? you can't possibly tbe thinking of riding that on trails??? ;)

OH GOD: your not one of them fixed gear riders are you? oh man wait till he singlespeed police get hold of you....

·
Registered
109 Posts
max-a-mill said:
rusty chain? only one brake???

and what no hydros? no suspension? you can't possibly tbe thinking of riding that on trails??? ;)

OH GOD: your not one of them fixed gear riders are you? oh man wait till he singlespeed police get hold of you....
its got hydros :D

not sure about the drivetrain on the other side, i am sure hes got a reason for it though :)

·
ravingbikefiend
2,322 Posts
Self extracting brakes... now why didn't I think of that ?

·
LukeB
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Drivetrain's on the wrong side cos- well, why not? It's a fixed, it's not meant to be right! Saw it done once, and thought that i'd love to try it on a coaster one day when i could afford a BMX rear hub for it. But then tried a fixed and loved it, and thought I may as well. Looks cool enough to me. Well, would if the bike wasn't such a hunk o' junk.

Doubt the pedals will self extract- it's not getting ridden a great deal, only once a week, and if they do I just bob the cranks off and put them on the other side.

One brake because it's fixed, obviously.

And well, as for the chain- what can I say, I know- it's a right state. But it's only been used twice, just got neglected on a mate's road bike. Does the job and it's tough enough. Will have to lube it up.

Had my first go on it yesterday- it's TERRIFYING on the big hill I live on, but it's really good fun. Nice learning all the leaning forward to slow down, and the feet getting bounced unceremoniously around when i miss a beat or two. Looking forward to taking it on the singletrack tomorrow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.