Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sunday was the first time my son and I were able to take our new bikes out on the trails. Mine is the SB66c and his is a Specialized Rockhopper that we're fixing up. Its going to be a pretty cool rig when we're done.

Anyway, we're out there, having a great time, the SB66c is a beast and is absolutely rocking the trails with zero issues. Me, well, I'm another story. Winter and age have done me no favors. I'll get stronger but Sunday was pretty bad fitness-wise.

As I'm huffing and puffing along in my delirium is imagine that my bike is humming to itself. Yep, I hear the unmistakable strains of Matt Dennison's "I'm faster than you" (I don't have access to the youtubes here at work so you'll have to find it yourself :p). Its obvious that the "I'm" in the song is the SB66, and the "you" is me. Its true, this bike is sooooo much faster than me. Amazing bike.

Then in my delirium I imagine it saying to me: Yo, Gramps! I've got a theme song for you too: "Help! I've fallen and I can't get up" (see the youtubes thing above).

We rode again on Monday and ran into a pair of our neighbors while out on the trails. They are hard core cross country riders, fully sponsored, lycra-clad, 29er, fast. You know the type. We ended up riding with them for a while. It still wasn't pretty, but it was better than Sunday. They pushed me harder than I would have otherwise, and even though they kicked my ass, it was still a great ride. Every day the goal is to improve and get stronger, fitter, faster. It'll come. Maybe someday I'll earn a new theme song. I have a feeling that the 66 will still be faster than me though.

p.s. - FWIW Wide bars - WOW! :eekster:
I have got to completely re calibrate my acceptable tree-gap radar. Not fitting through the gaps I used to!

First Ride - take a breather - take a pic

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sweet 26'er ain't it? I'm only ~2 months into mine but I've put down a lot great rides/miles and have it tuned like I want. I'll be riding segments of Mag 7 and Whole Enhalada tomorrow and Saturday...I'm jazzed to see how it performs there. No doubt this bike will exceed my expectations this weekend.

Enjoy your new ride this year!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts