Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Actually it's not new. I just keep modding it and experimenting with it etc. This past Friday I took her for an extreme high altitude challenge at over 10,000'. It was awesome. This machine climbs so well! 15.1 miles with about 4,100' of climbing and almost 6,000' of 100% single track(no fire road) descent. :cool: I was concerned about taking this heavier bike on this ride, my other ride is a HH100. I knew the DH was going to be more fun with a little more squish so I brought the blade.

There was a little hike-a-bike!

The views were nice

Don't let the head angle fool you.

Almost above the tree line.

A little downhill before the summit!

Cruising at 10,064, in late December, in shorts! Only in California

Ridge running above the tree line at over 9,000'

If I could keep only one bike, it would be the blade- hands down!

Happy New Years! & Happy Trails!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Awesome pictures!!! Living in Michigan, I cannot grasp what it is like to ride somewhere like that, but the pics just left me breathless. Thanks! :cool:

·
Paper or plastic?
10,341 Posts
Looks very sweet, and the blade must be about perfect with a GD. Where is that trail exactly? Looks like Socal to me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
How was Baldy?

I used to live in Pomona and I didn't think you could bring bikes to the top, but it looks like you went a different route than I did when I hiked it.

I was surprised not to see snow up there!

So, how was the ride down?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Sweet Blade

Sweet pics! Oh I am jealous. See you got the same goodies as mine (gravity dropper, Pushed shock). The blade works fine at altitude.Took it to Monarch Crest (12,000) this summer and had a blast.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Man I'm excited, tomorrow my blade gets a Fox TALAS 130 XTT, woo! woo! can't wait to get it out on the trails this weekend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts