Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Weight Weenie Shop Owner
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Litespeed Capella

Capella's compact frame geometry and LiteTEC titanium-enhanced carbon seatstays offer a premier blend of stiffness, vertical compliance and speed that leaves lesser bikes struggling to keep pace.

Quick and responsive

Very light and nimble compact frame design with small rear triangle

Explosive energy transfer

Oversized triple-butted AN6 aluminum tube set

Rock solid steering and handling

Integrated head tube and Litespeed carbon fork with carbon steerer

Zero harshness

Radially-curved LiteTEC carbon seatstays

The frame came in at 1274g with water bottle bolts and seat clamp.
The fork uncut with crown race was 562g

Not the lighest frame, but it won'r be weight weenie bike just yet due to the new baby coming, I need to save cash.

Here is the parts List:

Deda 210 Bars and tape
Syntace F99 260 90mm
Canê Creek Intergrated headset
FSA Carbon Plug
Sette Carbon Post 27.2 x 250mm
2003 Ultegra Shifters
Shîmano 105 F&R derailleurs and brakes
SRÂM PG-970 12-23 cassette 9spd
SRÂM PC-89 HP chain
Shîmano 105 Crank arms with FSA 50/42T chainrings with Carbon Pro cranks coming
Ultegra PD-600 Pedals
105/DT Comp/Ambroiso wheels with FSA RD-400 as the next upgrade
Fizik Arione Saddle

It should ride sweet and I will have it built up by next weekend.
The frame is acutally really amazing looking and thos smooth perfect welds.
I thought of maybe putting on a Reynolds Ouzo Pro to save some weight, but it would take away from the beauty of the bike.

Down the road I will go with a full 05 Ultegra 10-spd or Campy Centaur drivetrain with FSA carbon pro cranks.

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
Very nice frameset Dirtboy. I really like the paint job - it looks sweet.

Keep the fork, it really looks cool too.

Be sure to post final build pics and thoughts of ride quality. In particular, I look forward to hearing your review of the Fizik Airone saddle.

·
Weight Weenie Shop Owner
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Arione is the BEST saddle I have ever used....

I have been riding it for 3+ months now with rides around 3-4 hrs and again, it's the most comforatable saddle I have ever tired. I ditched my lovable San Marco Apiside for it and going to save it for the MTB when the FRM Apiside shot. Really thinking of using the Gobi on the MTB even for a weight penalty. Basically the same saddle but shorter.

The Arione has many positions to ride on and the nose is almost as comfortable as a TRI saddle when scooting up and hammering. Now I know Trevor! that you use a SLR.
I HATED that saddle like poison for my ass and big legs.

The saddle holds up well to sweat and the elements as well. Go for it!
Larry @ MCH at get them or try www.all3sports.com. They have them for $114.95!!

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
DIRT BOY said:
I have been riding it for 3+ months now with rides around 3-4 hrs and again, it's the most comforatable saddle I have ever tired. I ditched my lovable San Marco Apiside for it and going to save it for the MTB when the FRM Apiside shot. Really thinking of using the Gobi on the MTB even for a weight penalty. Basically the same saddle but shorter.

The Arione has many positions to ride on and the nose is almost as comfortable as a TRI saddle when scooting up and hammering. Now I know Trevor! that you use a SLR.
I HATED that saddle like poison for my ass and big legs.

The saddle holds up well to sweat and the elements as well. Go for it!
Larry @ MCH at get them or try www.all3sports.com. They have them for $114.95!!
I have heard nothing but the best comments about the Airone. I really want one, but at the same time really like my SLR.

I've been using the SLR on the roadie, and doing long rides, perhaps an Airone is the way to go.

Thanks for the comments and the links will get one soon.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Arione

The Arione is awesome. Best saddle I have tried on the roadie. A few guys I ride with swear by WTB saddles, but they look so bulky and I doubt they are that much better. Great looking bike dirtboy- funny with the unreasonably wet summer here in the midwest, 90% of my riding has gone to the road. Not a bad thing- I am actually starting to enjoy it. Picked this thing up about 8 weeks ago and have 4 centuries on it already.
Weight- 16.4lbs with pedals and cages.
I tried to get it in the BBQ black, but Cannondale was sold out- they instead sent this blue. It is really different-its not painted but somehow they taint the clearcoat blue- you can see all the welds and sanding marks right through it.
XC

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts