Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I've just spent the last few months selling/purchasing parts and here, I am proud to say, is my first legitimate SS mountain bike. I had an SS urban rig but that doesn't count right now. Here are the specs and some pics, from beginning to end. The rear brake line is still a little funky due to the loop it had to make but it's good to go. Let me know what you guys think! Of course the weather blows today...
Cheers
Erik
'03 SC Chameleon Frame (M) - Stripped Raw
Manitou Minute MRD Absolute 130mm w/ 20mm TA
Atomlab Trailpimp Wheelset TA
Shimano XT HT II Crank
Blackspire Mono Veloce Chainring
Thomson 70mm 15deg. Stem
Easton Monkey Lite DH CNT Bars 28" 25.4
Specialized Fuse Locking Grips
Charge Spoon Brown Cro-MO
27.2 Thomson Setback Seatpost
Shimano XTR/Ultegra Chain
Chris King Headset
Maxxis_High Roller 2.35 Folding (Front)
Maxxis_Larsen TT 2.35 Folding (Rear)
Shimano XT Clipless Pedals (Spec. Lo-Pro)
Hayes HFX Mag 203mm/160mm
Dangerboy Levers (red)
Magura 203/160mm Rotors
Hayes 8" 74mm Post - Post Adaptor
Endless Bikes Kickass Cog 16T

Attachments

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Caffeine Powered said:
Not exactly a cross country bike for here, but it looks quite clean. What'd you use to strip the paint?
It will be my xc, do everything bike. I used a can of Tal Mar Paint Stripped I got for 4 bucks at AutoZone. It works freakishly well. It is not clear-coated, I am just going to let it oxidize. If anything it will get a little darker. I could throw some chlorine on it to speed it up, but I just wanted it put together.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Is the rear brake really supposed to be like that?! That seems a little exposed. That just really doesn't look right. Can you flip the brake mount so it is positioning the caliper off of the seatstay instead of the chain stay? I assume that it is removable and that is why it is the way it is. Bike looks like a stout build otherwise. I love the pic of the frame stripper doing it's business. You must have used a whole container on it to get it to bubble that much!

·
Avenue C. Posse
24 Posts
edray said:
Wiggle. Its a UK site. The Cro-Mo version is cheap considering how great it looks and how comfortable it is, at around $38USD. Came from England in about 6 days.
they have a ton of saddles on their site.....I was admiring it also and wondering which one it is.....any info (link) would be appreciated :)

N/M....i found them. Chance has some nice looking saddles!

·
Registered
39 Posts
unfortunatly thats how they are designed and not really possible to switch it around unless u had a custome one. my father has an 01 he didnt like that either so opted for rim brakes.

thats a beautiful bike thought you will get a lots of use out of it and enjoy every second of it and i like the looks of them raw props on the sweet bike and ride her like she supposed to be ridden

·
V-Shaped Rut
3,178 Posts
130mm and 2.35's, that should be interesting. It has a little DJ look to it. Actually that wouldn't be a bad XC bike out here in the desert. That rear brake cable would so get snagged by a cactus though.....

I know you just stripped it and might want that look, but I would powder coat that bad boy. Cheap, tough and looks good!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.