Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been w/o a bike for almost 10 years! I've really missed it; I've done some riding on my dads & a few friends that have bikes.

Anyways, I just got a new job & need a bike for it. My bud has a few that were just sitting there outside, locked up. So I ended up getting a K2 Crush, it's a sweet bike & needs a little work. It has disc breaks, which I've never had before! And it has full suspension. So, I'm really happy about it & can't wait to clean er' up & fix it up.

I payed $200. I'll post some pics later. Overall it's in great condition.
Anyone know what year this bike came out?
Also, I'll be doing a lot of riding, the current seat is like sitting on a stone! I need a quality seat & some padded riding shorts to go under my tactical pants. Any suggestions? I'll check out Amazon to see what they got.

·
29ers Forever
2021 Rocky Mountain Altitude A70
3,603 Posts
We'll need to see some pics before we can tell you what year it is.
You can find a nice WTB saddle for around $30. If your butt is still sore with the new seat, it means you need to get used it it: that is normal.
Go to your lbs and try on the biking shorts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did some research on here; the bike is from 2007. I rode it last night with my new job for 3 hours. Near the end my rear was hurtin'! Haha. I'm going to check out Sports Authority and look into getting a gel/pad cover. Down the road I'll get a nice new seat. A gel cover along with some padded riding shorts will make a big difference. I just took some pics, and for the hell of it I'll post em' up later. The bike is great, I'm liking it! The seat & grips are my only complaint.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Also, I'll be doing a lot of riding, the current seat is like sitting on a stone! I need a quality seat & some padded riding shorts to go under my tactical pants. Any suggestions? I'll check out Amazon to see what they got.
You can get padded moisture-wicking liner shorts that you can wear under any outer layer, such as the ones from Pearl Izumi.

Also, if your butt is hurting from getting beat up on the descents, drop your seat and get off the saddle when descending. Use your legs as shock absorbers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can get padded moisture-wicking liner shorts that you can wear under any outer layer, such as the ones from Pearl Izumi.

Also, if your butt is hurting from getting beat up on the descents, drop your seat and get off the saddle when descending. Use your legs as shock absorbers.
Thanks! Yes, I use my legs to absorb the shock. That's a must. I'll check out those liner shorts. Thanks again.

·
29ers Forever
2021 Rocky Mountain Altitude A70
3,603 Posts
It looks like almost everything that could be rust is rust and not dirt, so you may need to replace things over time. The chain should be first.
Also, take off the reflectors, they do nothing. If you are going to ride at night, buy some lights to mount on your handlebar and seatpost.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
HAHA, you saw the seat clamp! I was waiting for someone to see it! Good eyes, man! Two days ago I got a Sunlite clamp ( $11 ) to replace the jubilee. I also got some Sunlite Ergoform II grips. ( $11 ) These are some NICE grips! I wish they're more tacky though, I'm here in SW FL. so they're a bit slippery. But gloves can remedy that! I'd say the grips are like having shelves for your hands. They're quite nice!

I'm going to replace everything on the bike, little by little. I'll start from the ground up, will start with tires & rims, chain...and go from there.

When putting on the new stuff the other day I took off the front reflector. Will take off the others as well. It's a quality bike but needs a lot!

I also added a bottle & cage for some liquid/h20. And I picked up a Bell gel-relief seat pad...this thing isn't great but I didn't want to fork out the $ for a better seat, down the road I will. It was $20 bucks, moves around but it's helped a lot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.