Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the deal of the century on this new beauty! 2011 Giant Reign XO medium with upgraded Fox 36 Talas 180mm fork. Got to ride it around the neighborhood today and it feels oh so nice! Now just have to wait for the snow to melt:madman:

Weighs in at an even 32 pounds with pedals

Attachments

·
Hairshirt Rider
1,875 Posts
Rally Blue said:
Got the deal of the century on this new beauty! 2011 Giant Reign XO medium with upgraded Fox 36 Talas 180mm fork. Got to ride it around the neighborhood today and it feels oh so nice! Now just have to wait for the snow to melt:madman:

Welcome back. Palmer misses you.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Sweet looking new ride :thumbsup: Two things....1 - get her outside so we can see some decent pics of her and 2 - why do you have to wait for the snow to melt? Gte out there, air down the tyres and go enjoy it OR take some of those vacations days ytou have coming, hop in the car and drive south for some dry trails :D

Rally Blue said:

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
LyNx said:
Sweet looking new ride :thumbsup: Two things....1 - get her outside so we can see some decent pics of her and 2 - why do you have to wait for the snow to melt? Gte out there, air down the tyres and go enjoy it OR take some of those vacations days ytou have coming, hop in the car and drive south for some dry trails :D
Yo Lynx, you know what snow is, don't you? Try coming to ride in Colorado during the winter instead of the summer :D

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Don't have a clue, that's the stuff they bust all those people for sniffing right :skep: Yah, don't have any of that stuff in England, or Canada during winter, which BTW I've never been to in right, because I woud just freeze :skep: :p Go take a visit to see Larry and ask him about snow and what fun it is to ride in and as for me coming visiting during winter, would love to, but then I'd have to find people who lived there and weren't actually afraid to get out and get cold :p

xcguy said:
Yo Lynx, you know what snow is, don't you? Try coming to ride in Colorado during the winter instead of the summer :D

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Will post some pics of rock wall tonight - if I remember.

Yes SilentK - hope there are far fewer morons on quads to put me in the hospital on the trail!

And yes, supposedly they have fixed the lower link issue for 2011.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I was just going to ask that question.... where is this bike at home? At resorts or on XC trails... it sounds like both. But can you realistically do a 20+ miler like Kenosha, Monarch pushing 180mm up front? Either way -- these pics have me drooling!

·
bacon! bacon! bacon!
12,444 Posts
edenger said:
I was just going to ask that question.... where is this bike at home? At resorts or on XC trails... it sounds like both. But can you realistically do a 20+ miler like Kenosha, Monarch pushing 180mm up front? Either way -- these pics have me drooling!
I think WKD-RDR does it. And I think he's on the old "heavy" version of the Reign-X. The Reign is the "little brother" of the X. And I don't know if the Reign is at home at the resorts... I only do XC 20+ milers on mine. :D

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Talas

Best thing about this ride is the fact that I have a Talas 180mm fork. Drop it down to the 140mm setting for the xc climbs, and 180 for the decents. This bike will see it all this year, Keystone, Winterpark, a lot of the FR trails, and some of the epics down south!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.