Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been riding a jamis dragon team converted to ss for over a year and have been looking for a ss specific frame for a while now. after riding my boss's 1x1 i had to have one. the maiden voyage was with my fox fork but this thing rides so good rigid i sold the fork. i have been playing around with different bars, saddles, and tires, so the current setup is a bit different than the picture.

specs:
wheels- king ISO disc hubs, stans arch rims and dt supercomp spokes (build buy my good buddies up at the Cycle Path0
crank- XTR M960 that i modified jeff jones style. weighs 670g with bottom bracket and chainring
tires- nevegal 2.1 rear and wtb weirwolf Lt 2.55 up front
brakes- juicy 7 (horrible horrible HORRIBLE)
seatpost - moots setback
bars- race face next carbon risers
stem- bontrager race lite
chainring/cog- 32t blackspire chainring and 16t surly cog
saddle- wtb rocket v ti
pedals- shimano 540
grips- ourys for now, ritchey foam grips are way better
weight- 22.3 lbs

I LOVE THIS THING!!!!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Adam_M said:
Out of interest, what do you dislike about the Avid brakes?
just not a whole lot of power. i put organic pads in the rear which solved the crazy avid squeal problem. overall lever feel is just kinda mushy, which i guess could be solved by bleeding them. its not really a big deal though cuz im in florida til summer and theres really no need for brakes down here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.