Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up this beauty brand new for under 700, I love it so much but need to tune the suspension and get ride of the disk brake rubbing ( i heard from the bike tech it was normal for the first few miles...ive gone about 15 or so)

Iron Horse Warrior 6.0
(exact specs as website)
Rock Shox Tora 85-130 mm
Fox Racing rear vanilla R coil
Sram X.5 trigger
crank bros smarty clipless
disk brakes and more
17 in frame size

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
climbs real nice, downhill the suspension feels like riding a pillow. Lands jumps like a water bed. Pedals heavy though, i still have drag from rubbing disk brakes because its brand new. Also a little goofy because i dont have clipless shoes and the coverplate for the crankbros is kinda slippery when wet. Im loving her though, she gets a good test tomorrow too

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Your bike tech is wrong, disk brake rubbing is not "normal". Your brakes need to be adjusted. They look like Avid mechanicals, they are easy to recenter and you can adjust the one moving brake pad to get proper spacing for the disk.

All the manuals are up on the SRAM website for setup and adjustment.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well after 5 hours of constant riding and some pride killing "walking uphill" I have goods and bads
bads: uphill-36.5 lbs and me who havent ridin' in some time now- killed me
Also, my balls hurt from the last trail of just rocks, not the bikes fault though
And, my brakes are still rubbing, today ill take care of that

Good: the smaller frame size downhill is like riding a mini cooper on an open highway (never done that though) Its really stable and the suspension is smooooooooth. I felt no bike shake and took jumps without thought. Love the downhill!

Just let me take some weight off and grow some more muscles and uphill will be a breeze, but downhill, wow, this thing is amazing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.