Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
TXAG
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this weekend I was finally able to get myself a new ride. I was pretty set on getting an 06 Fisher Tassajara but after riding it, the geometry didn't agree with me as much as I had hoped. I ended up with a Trek 6500 and it really seems to fit well. The color is a little bit out there. It is kinda one of those "you either love it or you hate it" sort of paint scheme
s but so far I think I dig it. Soon to come with be a new saddle and possibly an Easton flat bar for racing. The pedals were the first to go. Eventually it will be fitted with disc's and possibly a Rock Shox SID but that is not in the budget just yet. Thank you everyone for the things that I have learned from reading your discussions! Now I just need to get out and get her dirty!

Attachments

·
Hup, Hup
536 Posts
Congrats on a great buy. Coming stock with disc ready hubs will be awesome for you when you are ready for the upgrades.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice Bike! I'm looking at the exact same one, but fighting with myself over the color. You say that you don't mind it huh? I think that it looks good, but was wondering if it was too wild. Looks fine in the pics.

·
TXAG
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It definately looks better in person than in the pic on Trek's website. I think I like it. Either way, I'm going to learn to love it since I dropped the cash on it! You really can't beat the component package for the price of the bike. I am a really big fan of plain black paint jobs and such but at least now I won't have to worry about being seen...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah, I think that the more I look at it the more I like it. I agree that the components are really great for the price range. Do you mind if I ask what you paid for yours? One shop is asking MSRP ($769) while a shop 100 miles away is asking $699. Just wondering what kind of other deals are out there. Thanks and congrats!

·
TXAG
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I paid 699 for it. I really didn't want to pay the sticker for it but I really like the shop and I know that they will hook me up on other things in the future.

About the size, yes it is a medium 17.5" frame and seems to fit pretty well. I think I will like the riding position a little better after getting the flat bar since that is what I was coming from.

·
Something goes here...
2,069 Posts
I love the color scheme! I used to have an old Fisher Paragon ('92) that was bright orange. You definitely couldn't miss it and it was different which raised the cool factor.

Enjoy the ride!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.