Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here it is. Chad from Red Barn Bicycles hooked me up with all the parts I needed to build the RFX and I found a Z1 Light at Universal Cycles about a month ago (they had the fork on the website for less than two hours). Thanks to everyone who contributed some input and helped me decide.

I got the parts last Thursday, built Friday night and Saturday morning and took advantage of the warm weather to get out and ride on Sunday. All I have to say is WOW! I was expecting a good ride but it blew my expectations away. In the past year I have ridden my Flux and rental 5 Spot, Nomad, Spesh Enduro, 575, and Motolite in different locales across the US. Nothing comes close to the quality of the ride I have experience on the RFX with the Zoke up front and the DHX coil in the back. I can only imagine how it will ride once the fork is broken in and the suspension properly dialed!

Can't wait to try the bike on gravity-fed trails!

Attachments

·
Displaying UGI Symptoms
184 Posts
Congratulations! That bike is done up right! I have an RFX with the DHX-Coil and Z1Light up front and absolutely love the combo. Take advantage of the weather while you got it and brake that sucker in. Don't forget to post your build up stats in the 6 Pack Thread. And get some good trail photos as well :)

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
congrats on the new addition to the family. that's a sweet bike!

iiiiiiiiii waaaaannnnnntttttt ooonnnnneeeeeee...

·
Alaska Turner Mafia
1,121 Posts
nybike1971 said:
Nothing comes close to the quality of the ride I have experience on the RFX with the Zoke up front and the DHX coil in the back.
Nice, looks like it's pretty blinged out too. You're gonna love it. I'm set up with the same fork and shock, and so far -- bulletproof! Have fun wringing it out.

Rando

Attachments

·
long standing member
3,099 Posts
cactuscorn said:
well i missed that id didnt i? spec me baby!
You know what else got missed? Everything. How come no one's busted him for the lack of prerequisites?
  • No (red) couch shot.
  • No garage shot.
  • No action shot.
  • No specification list here in the thread nor a link to it's location in the the set-up thread.

I tell ya', this forum's getting soft. People being civil with Davide, and now this. :nono:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.