Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here she is, my Project One winner. Gorgeous. Can't ride right now because of an injury, but should be back in the saddle within a week. It will take a while to get used to the SRAM shifters. I'm thinking of upgrading the Race Lite wheels to Race X Lites, or swap my Crossmax SLs off my Trance. Any thoughts on that?

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
Sweet lookin' ride! :) I wonder if the quality of Project One paintjobs are better (i.e., more durable) than standard paint work? The one thing that has disappointed me about Trek has been the quality of their paint. Btw,I like how the saddle color compliments the frame. Well done. :)

·
fnar fnar brrraaaaap
2,182 Posts
fatbottomedgurl said:
Here she is, my Project One winner. Gorgeous. Can't ride right now because of an injury, but should be back in the saddle within a week. It will take a while to get used to the SRAM shifters. I'm thinking of upgrading the Race Lite wheels to Race X Lites, or swap my Crossmax SLs off my Trance. Any thoughts on that?
I love fuels :D Nice job Enjoy!

One thing i change straight away on my Fuels is that silly inline seat-post.... some layback makes a huge difference to pedaling as well as the reach (i find). As for the wheels... i dont see any problems with upgrading/ swapping to the crossmax Sls.... as long as they are not heavier :skep:

Paul.

·
Registered
118 Posts
ilostmypassword said:
One thing i change straight away on my Fuels is that silly inline seat-post.... some layback makes a huge difference to pedaling as well as the reach (i find).
Good call. I really dislike the seatposts with zero (or only 5mm) of setback.

ilostmypassword said:
As for the wheels... i dont see any problems with upgrading/ swapping to the crossmax Sls.... as long as they are not heavier
Remember, the Bontragers are now coming with a 5-year warranty... :thumbsup:

·
You got any chocolate?
245 Posts
That is an absolutely gorgeous bike. I understand this is your design. Great job!!! The cherry blossoms look cool!! That bike looks too pretty to ride. Congrats!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hmmm... 5 year warranty is worth a few grams. I'll have to try the bike with both types of seatposts. I have a raceface with a layback seatpost so I can swap.

Minus the wheelsets on both bikes, she is 1.4 lbs less than my Giant. :D Thanks Trek!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can't get her dirty yet because I did an awesome catapult over the handlebars last week, but once my quad heals up I'll get her nice and dirty!
CK headset...yum. And how about pink hubs while we're at it...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.