Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my bike from the bike shop. I had some parts I had around to make it sweeter (I hope).

I replaced the Crankset/BB from the standard Octalink something to a Hone.
Upgraded BB5 calipers with BB7, I kept the G2 cleansweep rotors and lever.
Replaced wheelset with XT hubs and Alexrims DP20 rims.
Replaced handlebar for Easton EA50 monkeybar riser
Grips Oury lock on
Tires, I have now some Fire XC, but probably will test Maxxis Advantages (I have them somewhere).

Here are the pics :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
sweet...i just bought one myself. i didn't take actualy pics ,but this is the one..

i'm kind of new so upgrades will be later..any tips?
thanks

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, I have the P.2 All Mountain. It does have platform pedals, and the fork is fine. Nothing to write home about, maybe a stiff when slow, but works fine when fast.

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
brewcitybykes said:
sweet...i just bought one myself. i didn't take actualy pics ,but this is the one..

i'm kind of new so upgrades will be later..any tips?
thanks
Nice color! I also wanted the red one, but the only one available when I got mine was the one I have, which is also pretty nice.

About upgrades, I would wait until you see what you don't like about the bike.

I had a bunch of stuff around, so I did some upgrades from the start, but I wouldn't have done them if I didn't had them.

I'm thinking about the fork in a while, if I have money. However, the current fork seems to work fine, so I don't really plan of changing anything except tires (but anyway, I'm kind a tire fetish).

·
Registered
24 Posts
rzozaya1969 said:
Actually, I have the P.2 All Mountain. It does have platform pedals, and the fork is fine. Nothing to write home about, maybe a stiff when slow, but works fine when fast.
what are your plans with yours?

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
brewcitybykes said:
what are your plans with yours?
Trying some Advantages 2.4 tires, which fit just fine. After that, nothing to upgrade, except probably the fork in a while. But, probably will leave it as is for 6 or so months.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts