Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey
ive always been into being on 2 wheels wether it be motorbikes or mountain bikes and recently had my gt avalanche stolen while at work so bought a friends old marin hawk hill
i dont know much about these bikes nor this one specifically i know its got to be quite old as its not set up for disc brakes at all and frankly it looks a little rough around the edges
my question is this bike will be used for my 10mile commute and on weekends it will be used for a bit of fun, ive always had bikes with disc brakes already installed or the lugs to install them this however has no lugs. is there a point in upgrading them with adaptors or should i just leave them? my only worry is will they be good enough when rode daily with a 100kg weight on them in all weather conditions?
is there anything else i need to watch for on this? the chain looks a little thin but other than that apart from some out dated bits the bike looks pretty solid
thanks in advance

·
Registered
757 Posts
To put into perspectve... there are a lot of bikes, with 100kg, still running V-brakes out on the trails.

My only suggestion is to make sure you get new cables and good brake pads. Set them up and you are good to go.

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.