Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a longtime 26er, I've been researching (and lurking - thanks for the great info) 29ers with great interest. Finally, I narrowed my choice and the Niner SIR9 was going to be it.

That is, until I found out about the MCR9, which was just delivered late last week to Niner HQ. No need for the SIR9's EBB as I've gotta have gears for the steep climbs in my neighborhood. I know my limits. Thanks to Chris & Ryan at Niner for all of their help in finding me the right bike!

I picked up my small, rootbeer MCR9 (a little more red than rootbeer, but very nice). I spent last Friday night and Saturday building it, and managed my first ride on late Saturday before it got dark.

Sweet sweet sweet ride! Here's a picture of what may be the first MCR ever built! I'll post more later.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Sorry for the delay in getting these to you guys, but here are some official pics of the new MCR 9.

Colors available are either our classic TANG or the new A&W Root Beer. We do have matching A&W Root Beer forks to go with the frames.

We've also gone to a new cast drop out that gave us the ability to shave some more material from them.

This is the sixth member of the Niner family, and over the next few months we'll have another pregnancy to announce. Stand by.

Steve & Chris
Niner Bikes

Attachments

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
lamski said:
As a longtime 26er, I've been researching (and lurking - thanks for the great info) 29ers with great interest. Finally, I narrowed my choice and the Niner SIR9 was going to be it.
Nice ride, and a good vista as well. Definitely looks more red than some of the other root beer colored bikes I've seen, but it is a unique color.

And I see the pic, Google/Picasa/Blogger is a little weird sometimes about getting pics to show up here. What I typically do is just download the PicasaWeb picture, resize it and then upload it to my MTBR Photo Gallery as if the forum is up, the gallery will be up too.

·
Front Range Cyclist
944 Posts
Looks great. Throw on some Stainless Steel S&S couplers and I'm in love!!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Niner Bikes said:
Sorry for the delay in getting these to you guys, but here are some official pics of the new MCR 9.

Colors available are either our classic TANG or the new A&W Root Beer. We do have matching A&W Root Beer forks to go with the frames.

We've also gone to a new cast drop out that gave us the ability to shave some more material from them.

This is the sixth member of the Niner family, and over the next few months we'll have another pregnancy to announce. Stand by.

Steve & Chris
Niner Bikes
What sizes are picture? Root Beer = small or medium? Tang = large or medium?

·
ol'guy who says hi &waves
2,546 Posts
....mmm, now I want a sip of some warm rootbeer.

That is a very nice looking bike.

Now I've got to formulate a plan to justify another bike.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.