Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Girls,

Just got my Niner Jet9 RDO a few days ago. It's my first "29er" and I LOVE IT!!!
Initially, I was skeptical as I thought it would feel too big being 5' 4", NOT SO! it's truly "O"mazing

My build came to feather light 22 lbs

·
2,989 Posts
Looks like the breast cancer awareness chain on there. I want one for my SS. That's funny that is says Niner *****, actually that's ****ing awesome. 22lb. full-sus. Sheesh, my SS is somewhere around that; without suspension.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kellijayne -

Your bike looks great! Be sure to post a ride report! Is this your first 29er? Always stoked to see more women out on our bikes....

Cheers,
Carla
Hi Carla

OMG!!! I cant say enough about this bike! I've been on a 26er for ever, about 30+ years... dang that's a long time (Cannondale RZ 140 to be specific), so yes this is my first 29er. I sold my C-Dale a month ago and have been on a demo 29er Speed Fox BMC for a few weeks... what a great introduction to 29er HOWEVER, when I got on my Niner RDO WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! Climbing is effortless, singletrack very predictable and tracks incredibly well, technical trails I haven't had a chance to try yet but will this weekend.

So I'm 5' 4" and do not feel any issues with the larger wheel size, which surprised me big time!!!! If anything, it easier in every way, more stable, and more predictable than the 26er...
I don't know if it's the 'Niner" specifically , but I can tell you the suspension is far superior than ANY bike I have ridden, most similar to the Ibis Mojo SL

I'll give more input after my ride tomorrow :)

·
meow
588 Posts
GORGEOUS bike and build, congrats! You will love the 29'er even more over time whan you see what it can do better than a 26'er.

I've been riding a 29'er hardtail for about 4 years and want a full susp. 29'er. I've been dreaming about an RDO, and yours is a fantasy fufilled, beautiful and light. Can you list the build details?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Wowie, ba-babee! Come to mama, lol. I am ready for a FS 29er and have it down to either the Tallboy c. or the Jet 9 RDO. I demo'd the Tallboy for a week and it felt really good; all I need now is some saddle time in the Niner.

·
Registered
18 Posts
One of the nicest RDO builds I have seen yet! Waiting on my fork to get my RDO build complete. I am optomistic my riding experience will improve as yours has - won't be as light as yours but probably just as much fun. Hope to see lots more ladies on the trails with niners this summer.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Hi Girls,

Just got my Niner Jet9 RDO a few days ago. It's my first "29er" and I LOVE IT!!!
Initially, I was skeptical as I thought it would feel too big being 5' 4", NOT SO! it's truly "O"mazing

My build came to feather light 22 lbs

This has just jumped to the top of my WANT list!

·
Serenity now!
239 Posts
That is one pin-up-worthy bike.

I just bought my first 29er after riding a GT Avalanche 1.0 for the last several years. I'll post pics when I get my sweaty paws on it. I can't wait! It's nowhere near as tricked out as this pretty mama, but I am sooooooo excited to be upgrading!

·
Registered
18 Posts
RDO finally built!

Not feather light but not too shabby either for all mountain use - 25.2 lbs. Can't say enough about the ride quality and suspension. Any women riders out there considering moving to a 29er - go for it!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts