1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new trail bike!!

Niner EMD 9 Hot Tamale Small, Marzocchi 44 Micro Ti QR15 tapered
Chris King Headset on Thomson 80mm 0' Stem
SRAM XO 10 spd. rear derailleur, XX front derailleur, PG-1050 10spd cassette 12-36, PC-1051 Hollow chain, TT500 shifters on Paul's Thumbies, Pitstop Flak jacket Cables
RaceFace Atlas Crank175mm 22/32/bash on Chris King BB
Thomson Seatpost, Hope clamp, WTB seat.
EASTON EA70 rims, EC70 Carbon flat bars, EC 90 Carbon bar ends
Avid BB7 203mm front and 180mm rear, Cane Creek levers, Azonic Flat pedals + eggbeater2(not in pic)
Maxis Ignitor front and Tioga Psycho Genius rear
Lizard skins clamp on grips and Purely Custom headset cap!!

Thanks a lot for mtbr for the tips on my build.
Still tweaking the fork, would have settled initially for the older EMD frame. but when I was buying the parts the new EMD came out
................so anyone out there want a Bnew Marzocchi 2010 44 TST2 29er QR15 29er fork?
PM me.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks a lot guys!

the headset cap is from purelycustoms.com

the cost of the build is like buying a Niner Jet9 with an XT build.

I know I should have gone that route, call it stupid or bike crazy, just more fun doing it that way. Just been testing it around the block, tomorrow I hit the trails. If i go below -200lbs then maybe a FS jet9 as a price but this time but the whole bike. (32 lbs to go)

Ride safe and thanks again for the compliments.

·
All That is Man
329 Posts
Sweet bike man! Good luck with the 200lbs. You'll get there. I went from 225 in May of this year to 185 now with about 75/25 riding/hiking.

·
Registered
346 Posts
like the thumbies

How to the TT shifters go with the rear mech?

I like this set up, & i was thinking about a C'dale roady rebuild/resto I'm doing that might work as down tube shifter as well if they work with tumbies?

BTW, Love your buildd i have Bike envy

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The TT shifters work well with the XO and XX derailleurs, I tripled check in the compatibility chart
At the SRAM website. Paul's thumbies are great!

I started MTB'ing when the sought after shifters were the XT thumb shifters! I guess I'm an old fart, back in the days of biopace! (Wth is that??)

thanks again for the comments, and yes the mud is missing! Just finished building, the mud/dirt will follow.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Nice Build!
I have a Niner RIP 9 but wanted something rigid so just built up an EMD too. Taking it out on it's first ride tomorrow should be awesome.

·
Registered
244 Posts
My new trail bike!!

Niner EMD 9 Hot Tamale Small, Marzocchi 44 Micro Ti QR15 tapered
Chris King Headset on Thomson 80mm 0' Stem
SRAM XO 10 spd. rear derailleur, XX front derailleur, PG-1050 10spd cassette 12-36, PC-1051 Hollow chain, TT500 shifters on Paul's Thumbies, Pitstop Flak jacket Cables
RaceFace Atlas Crank175mm 22/32/bash on Chris King BB
Thomson Seatpost, Hope clamp, WTB seat.
EASTON EA70 rims, EC70 Carbon flat bars, EC 90 Carbon bar ends
Avid BB7 203mm front and 180mm rear, Cane Creek levers, Azonic Flat pedals + eggbeater2(not in pic)
Maxis Ignitor front and Tioga Psycho Genius rear
Lizard skins clamp on grips and Purely Custom headset cap!!

Thanks a lot for mtbr for the tips on my build.
Still tweaking the fork, would have settled initially for the older EMD frame. but when I was buying the parts the new EMD came out
................so anyone out there want a Bnew Marzocchi 2010 44 TST2 29er QR15 29er fork?
PM me.
Sweet ride:thumbsup: how tall are you & whats your inseam? if ya don`t mine me asking.I have a buddy who is about 5'3' or4" not sure on his inseam & he`s ready to jump off the FS26er ship to a 29er HT.He thinks a small niner may be too big & looking at salsa new 29er ALu HT in a Xsmall so that why I ask & what do you think on the sizing:confused: thanks for any info or help:) KP

·
numbskull
167 Posts
Nice rig!

I pick mine up Tuesday I went with the red as well but was dissapointed it only comes in two colors:( the black isn't that great it looks like crap in comparison to the red.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sweet ride:thumbsup: how tall are you & whats your inseam? if ya don`t mine me asking.I have a buddy who is about 5'3' or4" not sure on his inseam & he`s ready to jump off the FS26er ship to a 29er HT.He thinks a small niner may be too big & looking at salsa new 29er ALu HT in a Xsmall so that why I ask & what do you think on the sizing:confused: thanks for any info or help:) KP
I'm 5'10 with a 30 inseam. Medium was too big for me, when I demo'd the older EMD frame. I kinda have a weird body, short legs, long trunk and normal arms. Using it with an 80mm stem. no issues, in hitting the shoe with the front wheel while turning.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice rig!

I pick mine up Tuesday I went with the red as well but was dissapointed it only comes in two colors:( the black isn't that great it looks like crap in comparison to the red.

goodluck and enjoy the build!!!! post pics!!

1 - 20 of 120 Posts