Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's given I'm a vintage mtb fan...but I couldn't help but fall in love with the stuff that Moonhead Machine is putting out.
Down to earth guys, USA built product. A little bit of retro flair with all the benefits of modern technology. I'm looking forward to many miles on em'!

·
A wheelist
5,991 Posts
Love that "Tomac" rear wheel but call yourself a "vintage fan"? What's with the v-brakes? You need a nice set of Grafton cantis! And the tires! I think I might have a well-used set of Ground Controls I could part with. And and aheadset stem on that bike? Get outta here! Ooops I see a fork with disc tabs for gawd's sake. I've got a lovely Manitou II with elastomers that is looking for a bike like that. That sharkfin counts for a lot of style points though.

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike T. said:
Love that "Tomac" rear wheel but call yourself a "vintage fan"? What's with the v-brakes? You need a nice set of Grafton cantis! And the tires! I think I might have a well-used set of Ground Controls I could part with. And and aheadset stem on that bike? Get outta here! Ooops I see a fork with disc tabs for gawd's sake. I've got a lovely Manitou II with elastomers that is looking for a bike like that. That sharkfin counts for a lot of style points though.
It's more of a resto-mod. :)
Admittedly, it's not a period correct time piece. A mixture of old and new to make a functional trailworthy HT (although that tension disc isn't all that 'functional').

·
A wheelist
5,991 Posts
Rumpfy said:
It's more of a resto-mod. :)
Admittedly, it's not a period correct time piece. A mixture of old and new to make a functional trailworthy HT (although that tension disc isn't all that 'functional').
I'm just givin' you a hard time Rumpfy ;) That's a cool bike despite some of the pieces. :D Good on ya!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.