Saddle: Sella Italia SLR
Seat Post: Black Sheep Titanium
Serial #: BE
Place of Origin: Wenham, MA

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Wooooooooot!

misterdangerpants: it's all so sexy but favorite is the contortionism poses seen within of the King headset's mirror reflection. Stainless binder bolts ala Igleheart are so awesome. To imagine 2.3's on Blunts (28mm wide?) having that much clearance space, it's likely you allowed for 700c 29er and is it possible to fit snow tires (Endo's) in there, too? Lastly, what is the crank bolt, looks like Middleburn?

·
30-ton War Machine
793 Posts
What I like about that bike is it is unassuming, you wouldn't know that you are looking at a hand-made stainless frame. :) Good to keep bike thieves away!
isaac

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
Stunning indeed.

One Small Tip - get some beefier stainless bolts for your Paragon Sliders. The ones that come stock aren't up to snuff with everything else on that bike of yours. Trust me.......one inexpensive upgrade that will pay dividends in terms of secure placement of your sliders.

Cheers,

Mark

·
master blaster
1,149 Posts
hell yea!
thros a 2.0 in the rear, trim the rear qr and throw some esi grips on there and id ride the piss out of it for a lifetime.

thanks for posting up, beautiful ride.

·
one chain loop
2,360 Posts
illnacord said:
Wooooooooot!

misterdangerpants: it's all so sexy but favorite is the contortionism poses seen within of the King headset's mirror reflection.
speaking of sexy, you missed the ballerina shoes posted earlier :thumbsup:

·
underachiever
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
First, thanks for all the kind remarks! :thumbsup:

illnacord said:
Wooooooooot!

misterdangerpants: it's all so sexy but favorite is the contortionism poses seen within of the King headset's mirror reflection. Stainless binder bolts ala Igleheart are so awesome. To imagine 2.3's on Blunts (28mm wide?) having that much clearance space, it's likely you allowed for 700c 29er and is it possible to fit snow tires (Endo's) in there, too? Lastly, what is the crank bolt, looks like Middleburn?
Thanks! Chris added some nice touches to this bike. In addition to the seat post binder, he polished quite a few parts on his own time. Super nice guy. I didn't design the bike for anything but 650B, though I suppose I could slap some other sizes in there too. I'll ask Chris what the crank bolts are. I really like them. He didn't have any bolts except these so he gave the to me (Note that I didn't supply him with any as it was my responsibility). Again, super nice guy.

MMcG said:
Stunning indeed.

One Small Tip - get some beefier stainless bolts for your Paragon Sliders. The ones that come stock aren't up to snuff with everything else on that bike of yours. Trust me.......one inexpensive upgrade that will pay dividends in terms of secure placement of your sliders.
Thanks Mark! I have to do some brake refinements so possibly then I'll upgrade. Anyway recommendations where to get them? Do they make a titanium version?

fishcreek said:
speaking of sexy, you missed the ballerina shoes posted earlier :thumbsup:
Ha! I mistakenly included that in the original photos! I thought someone might catch it! My wife was fooling around while I was doing the shoot. :D

veloreality said:
hell yea!
thros a 2.0 in the rear, trim the rear qr and throw some esi grips on there and id ride the piss out of it for a lifetime.

thanks for posting up, beautiful ride.
Orkje said:
Amazingly beautiful lines. Do not change a thing.
Thanks! The only thing I'm going to change is the tires and most likely will go to 2.25 (Schwalbe Racing Ralph) or a 2.1 (Pacenti Neo Moto).

Tricone said:
Very, very nice bike! 953 looks just like titanium. Does it have any advantages over titanium?
In 2008, I built up an Independent Fabrication Titanium Crown Jewel and just didn't like the feel of titanium. It's just a personal preference. I like steel and I like the fact there's no paint. I'm not aware whether there are any scientific advantages.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.