Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Enthusiast
5,360 Posts
I think I was asleep 10 hours ago when you first posted.

I remember eye-balling the yellow edition of the Section 29 last year. It looked like (and still looks like) a nice bike. I'd love to get a ride in one someday.

I wish my living-room looked as clean as yours. Usually my bikes are clean and the house is dirty. :D

·
Black Sheep rising
919 Posts
JonathanGennick said:
I think I was asleep 10 hours ago when you first posted.

I remember eye-balling the yellow edition of the Section 29 last year. It looked like (and still looks like) a nice bike. I'd love to get a ride in one someday.
If you ever get down to my corner of the state (SE MI), give me a ring. I have the yellow 2007.5 version. I'd be glad to let you test it out. :D

·
Future Rainbow Jersey
449 Posts
Looks nice! Good deal, but they really downgraded the components for 2008, the most prominent being the switch from the Reba to the Tora. It went from a super-deal to a good deal. It was stocked much better for '07 IMO, though I like the looks of the red frame over the yellow.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya, the shock is "the" component downgrade, but compared with all of the other bikes in that $800-$1100 range, it is still the best equipped. I paid $899. The only other bike that is real price/component competition would probably be the Motebecane. I figure all of the frames are made in the same place, lower end Specialized/Trek/GF, etc., in China, and the higher end bikes in Taiwan, and my Ibex frame was made in Taiwan, so that's pretty sweet. People get so caught up in components, staring at their bikes, and not riding, when it's really about how you ride, and smokin' the guy that couldn't live without the "top components". Peace....

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
ziggurat22 said:
Looks nice! Good deal, but they really downgraded the components for 2008, the most prominent being the switch from the Reba to the Tora. It went from a super-deal to a good deal. It was stocked much better for '07 IMO, though I like the looks of the red frame over the yellow.
A good deal is still good enough for me:) The 2008 version is what's available so I made my decision based on that. Simple enough.

The 2007 model sold for $1099 and the 2008 sold for $999 (normal, non-sale prices). They shot for a difference price point this year and made some understandable compromises. I can't blame them for that. The changes aren't that bad either. Besides the fork, the only changes are a slight downgrade from the Firex crankset to the FSA Moto and a sidegrade to a Shimano cassette. Oh well.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Jack openly admitted....

that the 29er market isn't a big concern for Ibex...so don't expect anymore "smokin" deals- you'll still get a great bike for the price but he isn't interested in taking a major share of the 29er market...from what I've read he's jumping on the 27.5 bandwagon.

enjoy your bike:thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.