Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my identiti is sick but for someone as tall as me a 21.4" TT is just too small. came across a great deal when talking to Mike Flaherty from atomlab. they are currently selling a batch of V-Brake only Trail Pimp frames for a price that can not be beat. i already wanted to run a rear V-Brake so this worked out perfectly. should be built when i get a new rear wheel and cranks, hopefully next weekend. frame looks crazy sick and is suppose to weigh only 5lbs:eekster: haven't weighed it myself but feels like it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
nice frame

You will like it. I think it looks like a first generation trailpimp 2005, this is due to the chain guide mounts. If you were able to track down the brake/derailer tabs from second party you could go disks and gears. I had the 06 and Mike hooked me the 07. They have the inset headset and new chainstays. Here a pic:)

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
looks solid, nice score. And if that thing is close to 5lb, even nicer!!
is it under warranty? if not, I'd bust out the die grinder and plink off those cable hangers and go at it to the dropouts and maybe a couple of holes in the top of the seat tube, a la macneil bibi... but hey, if you've got a wobbly hand, I wasn't the one to recommend the idea to you, hahaa....

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
f0ggy said:
I decided not to go w/ a hardtail, so max, my 2 sun ryno lite xl rims (chrome) are for sale call me up dude, also all the parts that you would need are too other than prolly bottom bracket unless euro and v break, or bars stem front hub or rear hub but give me a call dude
so no nemsis? :eek:

·
Local Paperboy Hero
986 Posts
Steel is fo real. Those frames look like an awesome value. I'm suprised we don't see more people rockin em. And any company with Greg Hill working for them is OK in my book. Here is a tribute to the man himself. I wish I had a trick named after me (OK, not quite a trick, more like a style)...

A "Greg Hill"

·
Registered
729 Posts
i know you said you didnt want a rear disk,but i was just looking around different sites last night at i saw woodman makes a setup to allow frrames not built for discs to use them....sorry,ust really wanted to share that.so what are you doing with the id?!

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dd13 said:
i know you said you didnt want a rear disk,but i was just looking around different sites last night at i saw woodman makes a setup to allow frrames not built for discs to use them....sorry,ust really wanted to share that.so what are you doing with the id?!
interesting...but ya my identiti will be up for sale when my new frame is built..probably a few weeks? PM me if your interested

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
savage frame. but i wish more companies would spec their rim brake street frames with the mounts on the underside of the seatstays, just looks better. or better yet, 990 brakes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.