Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new 29er from Drew @ Engin Cycles this past week. Rode the bike for the first time yesterday and just blown away by its' performance. Fast, nimble, light, responsive ... everything you would want in a 29er. It is a Ti frame and the silver boxing / pin striping on the frame is actually the Ti showing through the clear coat. The fit, finish, welding and paint job on this bike is just stunning. If you are ever in the market for a custom Ti frame Drew at Engin Cycles should be on your short list of potential builders. Super nice guy, extremely knowledgeable and overall great buy / build experience. Big thanks also to Ed at Wissahickon Cyclery for the outstanding bike build. The first few pictures are of the bike on display at NAHBS this past week and it has a prototype Stan's CF wheelset on it which was not mine. The Nox wheelset shown it later pictures is my wheelset. Cheers.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Beautiful looking bike, love the clean run on the rear brake cable.
Yep - Drew's attention to detail is amazing. If you look at the custom Paragon drop out closely you can see that Drew's proprietary design exactly matches the shape of the Shimano disc brake adaptor to give the bike / rear triangle a cleaner look. Also the two of the inlays on the drop out are painted gloss black with the remaining clear coated Ti. A very nice touch!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the comments. I've now got a dozen + rides on the bike and everything dialed in. Hands down the nicest MTB I have ever owned. Light, nimble, responsive / stiff and fast!!. Very happy with my componentry selection and the Nox wheelset has been great thus far. Real test of the bike coming up this weekend ..... 1st XC race of the season. Hope to do well mounted on my new steed. Cheers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts