Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to Ventana but I like what I see so far:thumbsup:
A few of my riding buds have Ventanas and they love them...so it seemed only fitting that I bought one to:D
I was riding a XL RIP 9 and I really liked it but I wanted more travel, stiffer frame, slacker HA and the ability to flick the bike all over the trail...all the while keeping the big 29 wheel up front to glide over the rough stuff. The RIP is a great bike...but it was like driving a 18 wheeler in the tight stuff and the HA was to steep for me...:madman: I endo'd several times because of my poor skills so I needed to find something that made me look like I was riding better than I actually could:cornut:
Unfortunately I didnt know anyone who had an El Chucho to ride so I compared the geometry to the XL RIP and my XL Jamis Dakota 29 (I love that bike). There are several aspects of the RIP and the Jamis I liked and they all seemed to meld into the El Chucho 21". So I took a leap of blind faith and put down some cold hard cash for the "V"
Along the way I decided to have Ventana modifiy the seat tube so I could use my Joplin.
Since I was going from a 29 to 69 I had an XT rear wheel sitting around so I slipped it on for now.
But I xfrd the XT crank, FOX 120 RLC fork, Formula Mega brakes, Joplin seat post and a Stans Flow laced to a XTR front hub with a 8" rotor all from my old "DOG" RIP 9. Im going to roll new X0 RD, XT FD, Hope Stem, XT cassete, WTB seat, X9 twist shift and Easton bars.

I cant wait to ride :)

Attachments

·
T , V , & K Rider
2,342 Posts
Nice..can you post some bigger pictures ? It be fun to try a FS 69er someday..let us know how it compares to your Niner in the real world ! Thanks ! TIG.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TIGMAN said:
Nice..can you post some bigger pictures ? It be fun to try a FS 69er someday..let us know how it compares to your Niner in the real world ! Thanks ! TIG.
Soon Very Soon

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CharacterZero said:
Great foresight having the seat tube embiggened! That is a perfectly cromulent move.

Love me some Green! RCC does too.
Great use of the Simpson/Palin/Bush dictionary

Ya the green rocks!

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
come on Paul, where are the decent pics?

I'm straining my eyes trying to make out what the hell that pile of green sh*t is. Did you get a new scooter? I wasn't sure Ventana made scooters, but that's cool.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats cold! I cant believe you even went there. But thats cool. I got your number now :)
We made good headway yesterday building it up.
I need a 180 rotor for the rear and a new set of twist shifters.
I put a GEAX Nueron on the rear and it looks good matched up with the Stout up front.
I put the seat on and the bike seemed to fit pretty good.

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
I nominate this thread for a "worst pictures, 2010" sticky.

Come on, do that bike some justice and take some quality shots.

BTW: You're going to love her! I know I love my Choochoo more and more with every rock ledge pedealed up or blasted down. More tech the better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts