Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is!!

My Transition

Thanks to my friend and roommate "The Bike Mechanic". I have what you now see here. I spent a little more than I would have liked but alot less than i could have, for a six and six freeride bike. Since I am the buget bike builder this is a fine example of what you can do with a little money and time (you also need to get the mechanic twelve packs of pbr from time to time to keep him happy!). I bought the fork used for a good price. And traded a seat post for the tires I wanted the biggest tires i could get, for some reason I felt the need for more rubber and now I have it. I had to buy the stem and some drive train parts new but everything else I swapped over from the broken KHS 504 and the Trek 4500fr before that (now a single speed).
I have taken it out for a few trail rides still working out the kinks(drive train issues). this bike makes the rocky terrain in grand junction feel just great. The maiden voyage was down big marbles!!!!!!!

sick bike for the money never thought i would be able to afford such a thing but thanks to the dudes at Transition and my roommate I am the most styling dirt bag on the trail!!

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
big tires

so the tires are huge arent they!!!

i got a kenda 2.7 blue groove on the front and a kenda 2.7 nevegal on the rear. it rubs a little on the front arch but only sometimes so thats ok with me. since i can turn the bike in a boulder field if i want to now. and no more deep sand troubles either.

i cant really say how much the bike costs sitting as is. since i have parts on there from two bikes ago if i went through and priced everthing i would say its close to 1500 if not more. alot of the parts like the cranks my very excellent friend and mechanic gave me awhile ago. i have some money into parts for this bike but I didnt buy them all at once and i always shop around for cheap stuff cost wise that is.

thanks for checking out the dirtbag!!!! :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts