Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought this Demo 7 about 3-4 months ago and have been tweaking the compontents pretty heavily. Selling things I didn't need; like the wheels, Avid brakes, crankset, Totem fork. I sold the new items on Ebay , including my Demo 8 frame, and transferred the parts from my Demo 8 onto this frame. I also got a 66 RC3 (using a Sunline reducer) to replace the stock Totem.
The wheelset is the first set of wheels that I hand built with a friend coaching me: Sun MTX camo rims laced to Hugi FR hubs. Brakes are my old Saints as well as the Crankset. I also like to run the Envy Double E2 inner bash ring that lets you run a granny without a derailler (manual shift style) , which I love. Its nice to pedal the bike once and a while and you dont need a roller ( altough you can run one on lift acess days).

The sad thing is, I've been looking at this bike for months without being able to ride it. Remodeling my kitchen, newborn son, and my business have been tapping me out.
The great news is: over the holidays I've been rocking this bike hard on Dh runs and FR hitting 12 ft drops.
I gotta say this bike has outproformed my Demo 8 in all aspects. You dont need to muscle the bike to get it to respond to your imput, It really feel like an extention of you.
So far the 66 RC3 has been awesome out of the box, Really plush, dosent fork dive in the corners and sucks up the drops with a quick dial in of the compression dial.
This is a medium and I am 5'11" and 175lbs in my b-day suit so I needed a 500# spring instead of the 450# stock spring. I think this really balances the front and rear better for me.
As the bike sits it's 40.14 Lbs.
The upgrades include: Sunline grips and brake levers, Thompson stem, WTB Silverado "Sam Hill" edition seat, Envy Double E2 inner bash.

Attachments

·
shoes
262 Posts
I like that demo 7, here in about a week my demo 7 will be complete and I will post some pics. Really nice mach1 once again haha!

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes

captain spaulding said:
looks cool.. but wouldn't a demo 7.75 have 7.75" of travel?
A lot of people don't know that the Demo 7 has a poker sized chip underneath the bottom out bumper. In the Demo 7's manual it says that stock you get 7.3" of travel and with the travel limiter out 7.75" of travel at 40.16lbs

So I sold my Demo 8 that was 42.5 lbs (had 8.2" travel) for this bike that has 7,75" of travel
There are a few threads on the Specialized forum about this, Jason Chamberlin is the one who first brought this to light.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for all the kind comments, I'm super stoked on the new ride. Now to find a sweet wall ride..........

·
dontcha?
1,433 Posts
Demodude said:
A lot of people don't know that the Demo 7 has a poker sized chip underneath the bottom out bumper. In the Demo 7's manual it says that stock you get 7.3" of travel and with the travel limiter out 7.75" of travel at 40.16lbs

So I sold my Demo 8 that was 42.5 lbs (had 8.2" travel) for this bike that has 7,75" of travel
There are a few threads on the Specialized forum about this, Jason Chamberlin is the one who first brought this to light.
ahh awesome.. i was alittle confused :thumbsup:

·
UNDEAD
484 Posts
Dude I wish "I was so that guy"
such a nice ride!

I bet that thang would take a 12 footer to wallride sooooo nice....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts