Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well after lots of work and just not having the time the bike is build and very nice and responsive. The build is full XO with a X9 FD with jucicy ultimates and race face dues XC cranks. Wheels are bontrager race lite with bontrager jones XR tires running tubless. The handlebar is some cheap raceface which is like 230g and a cheap bontrager sport stem just to get an idea on the size i want. I brought the bike into work today to get a idea on the weight and it's #23.58 with a 18" frame. I also have some Shimano PD-M540 Pedal and a bontrager select seatpost with a race lux seat. The frame weighs #3.5 and the R7 uncut was also #3.5. Over all Im VERY VERY happy with how it came out.

upgrades to come are but not %100 sure on are....

oval concepts seatpost 190grams
ritchey comp stem 155g
egg breater SL pedals
a light sub 150g handlebar
changing to lighter seat but not sure of what.

Tell me what you think overall. Thanks :) (yes it's tape on the fork i want to cut the disc hose b4 i zip tie it)

·
i heart singletrack
1,553 Posts
2004haroX2 said:
upgrades to come are but not %100 sure on are....

oval concepts seatpost 190grams
ritchey comp stem 155g
egg breater SL pedals
a light sub 150g handlebar
changing to lighter seat but not sure of what.

Tell me what you think overall. Thanks :) (yes it's tape on the fork i want to cut the disc hose b4 i zip tie it)
I think it looks great. Congratulations!

Like ECB, I'm a Thomson stem/seatpost fan. I've never had a problem with either. They're light, strong, stiff, relatively affordable and look awesome.

Don't freak about a super light handlebar. Better to go with extra durability over fragility there. I'm speaking from experience, and I only weigh 165 pounds.

But it definitely is a looker... and I bet it rides as sweet as it looks.

Nice work.

Cheers,
MG

·
Registered
20 Posts
For the first time a couple weeks ago I saw a Mamasita and those are beautiful bikes. The graphics and shape of the frame tube is out of this world. These photos do not reveal just how nice looking they really are.
I had to settle on the Redline Mono-Nine but if I could have stretched the budget it would have been a Salsa....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im about 5' 11" and have a 90mm stem on it now. the saddle hight on the bike in the pic is how much post i hvave out.

the bike feels great now.

i took it out on the mountain a day after the pic. it's a beast on the hills and it feels like i have nothing under me. on the downhills the carbon stays feels good and not to bumpy.

this is the bike i always wanted !!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.