Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Occasionally engaged…
1,772 Posts
It is so worthy...

I just love that frame and fork combo. I have one of James' earlier 29er frames and I love it dearly, but I must admit to lusting after that particular set of curved tubes... Between my next door neighbor and I there are four Black Sheep frames -- two single speeds and two cross bikes -- and they're each a work of art...

How about specs? You know, the usual -- STA, HTA, TT, fork rake, etc...

·
Mmmmmm Beer!
617 Posts
Sweet! I'm ordering mine in February and getting my parts together now. How long did it take James to build? How about a ride report as well.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Specs

PeT said:
I just love that frame and fork combo. I have one of James' earlier 29er frames and I love it dearly, but I must admit to lusting after that particular set of curved tubes... Between my next door neighbor and I there are four Black Sheep frames -- two single speeds and two cross bikes -- and they're each a work of art...

How about specs? You know, the usual -- STA, HTA, TT, fork rake, etc...
BlackSheep Custom TI Frame/ fork (100mm sus corr)
Chris King headset
stans tubless rims black spokes/brass nipples
phil woods hubs
juicy 7's
White ENO cranks 32X
White Dos ENO Freewheel 17/19
exi wolf 2.3
fsa ti BB
Bushnell EBB
Monkey carbon lite bars
richey stem
time attack carbon pedals
Thompson seat post (his) He building me custom TI Post, ill have next tues
Fizik ti saddle

As for the standovr, headtube, top tube, rake. Honestly, I have no idea. He took all my body measurements and made it. After riding his for couple weeks, i had a few changes.

I rode up/down my street last night for bit and played around in my culdesac. Bike Felt perfect climbed up my street great. Rode down the stairs in my house couple times, real nice. Other then that, ima try to take over to dakota ridge this afternoon and to IGSSWC, 2moro nite.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not sure

1strongone1 said:
That bike looks great. I am so glad he is finished with yours, now he can start on mine. What is the completed weight of the bike?
9.9 b/f wheels, pedals and chain. I had to go to Salvagetti to get wheels and didnt weight it once we finished it up. The guy there said it had to be 18-18.5. I will get it wieghed in the next few.

·
Belltown Brazer
693 Posts
Please, ride report. I specifically want to know more about the fork. How much do you weigh, and how does the fork handle rock gardens and such.

BEAUTIFUL bike, btw.

B

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.