Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally experience what you all been talking about on this forum. I do have to admitt that i was very much against the 29er thing but i put my one track mind aside and bought one. I will have to say i had alot on fun and have never gone so fast on two wheels. This bike climbs everything i through at it and takes of like a ferrai.The ST HIGHLIGHT that i build is just under 24 pounds which made me very happy. James at BlackSheep Cycles was excellent he truly knows customer service. Thanks to all of you for the great knowledge that you have provided on the forum. :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Banned
2,799 Posts
Looks great brother,

Can't wait to ride that bad boy this weekend. BTW John I forgot to tell you that Miles is coming down to Lynn Woods on Sunday so that I can ride his Sultan..Bike looks great congrats.:thumbsup: CF..

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks dosboy the bike is the **** . Still playing with the rearshock but other wise the bike is awesome climbs great descends great. The bike is supper plush and fast. I would reccomend this bike to anyone who is looking for a full suspension 29er.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Very Lovely Bike, just one quick question.
It looks from the photos (although it is hard to tell). That the flex plate is welded to the bottom bracket shell a la Funk or Castellano, rather than bolted to it a la Siren Cycles. I thought this design was going to be bolted, which would have made for a wonderful SS or possibly even belt drive as the chain could have been tensioned through the bolts.
Care to comment?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I past on that was not going to make the bike single speed. Dosboy it was 8 weeks for the wait not bad james said wait times will be 6 to 8 weeks.

·
SpoK Werks Handmade Goods
1,201 Posts
ncig said:
....I will have to say i had alot on fun and have never gone so fast on two wheels. This bike climbs everything i through at it and takes of like a ferrai.The ST HIGHLIGHT that i build is just under 24 pounds which made me very happy.
That's what we all hope for in a custom builder. The man does build beautiful bikes and this one is definitely one of them. Congrats.

ncig said:
James at BlackSheep Cycles was excellent he truly knows customer service. ....:thumbsup:
Well, I wouldn't go that far.... but he builds really nice bikes anyway.

·
Registered
71 Posts
single speed

I believe I have seen pictures of this bike with bolts coupling the chainstay to the flexplate with enough adjustment to tension the chain. Couple other side benefits to the bolts-the rear triangle can be separated from the front allowing the whole bike to be packed small as a travel bike, plus, a belt can slipped on instead of a chain, in case you want to try belt drive.

·
Registered
386 Posts
ncig said:
I finally experience what you all been talking about on this forum. I do have to admitt that i was very much against the 29er thing but i put my one track mind aside and bought one.
First off, the bike is top notch.

However, I think it need be said that for someone that "was very much against the 29er thing" to take the leap by buying this bike...w.t.f...am I to assume do don't do anything half a**? :confused:

·
Registered
199 Posts
:ihih: Nice bike! Post some trail pics of it. Like to see that rear shock in action. I am having hard time trying to picture it working.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.