Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Hard as nails
1,008 Posts
When my wife bought a Jeep Liberty back in 04 = they gave her a free Jeep mtb. I have to be honest, it was a pos. It did not last 1 year before I shelled out some loot for a Spesh Stumpy 120.

If this is your 1st mtb, then ride it and beat it to death, then go and buy a bike with components that can stand the test of time and torture.

Enjoy and good luck:thumbsup:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
el_chupo_ said:
i have to know, how does it shift into that huge rear thing that does not appear to be part of the cassette?

and how many teeth are on it? Thats one heck of a granny ring setup...
It shifts great into the big ring. you can climb very steep stuff with that ring. its part of the cassette

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dirtman said:
When my wife bought a Jeep Liberty back in 04 = they gave her a free Jeep mtb. I have to be honest, it was a pos. It did not last 1 year before I shelled out some loot for a Spesh Stumpy 120.

If this is your 1st mtb, then ride it and beat it to death, then go and buy a bike with components that can stand the test of time and torture.

Enjoy and good luck:thumbsup:
The components on this bike are great the only thing i complain about is the rear deralillera some times it skips a gear. This bike is great for a beginner. I dont take it off stuff like yall like the 10 foot drops and fall on the bike everyday. alot of it is riding slow through the woods with no trails

·
Registered
527 Posts
Hey, nice bike... I hope you get a lot of enjoyment riding it. You sound like you do.

Just one slight suggestion for you - I notice in the photo your brake levers seem quite horizontal with the ground. If you angle them downwards - basically follow the line from your elbow down through your wrist as you hold the grips... This should make less strain on your arms and wrists when you ride.

Enjoy! : )

·
Registered
149 Posts
you got to start somewhere. I had a buddy who started riding a bike like that, by the time the bike was on its last leg, my buddy had become more hardcore than all the guys you see wearing spandex riding $3000 bikes.

Ride it!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.