Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the other day I was out with my girlfriend as she was looking for a new bike and I found one for me. There on the rack was a Haro Extreme X6 for $650, well needless to say Im no longer riding my crappy Trek because I bought the Haro. Is this bike good? Its my first full suspension bike.

·
Registered
412 Posts
X6_Rider said:
Well the other day I was out with my girlfriend as she was looking for a new bike and I found one for me. There on the rack was a Haro Extreme X6 for $650, well needless to say Im no longer riding my crappy Trek because I bought the Haro. Is this bike good? Its my first full suspension bike.
Good choice, pics??

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've had one for over two years and can say that the X6 is a killer bike for all mountain riding. It can also hold up for some light downhill and freeride. I've had no problems and I've really put it through its paces so yes it is a very good bike.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know the X7 has better components but do the X6 and X7 have the same frame? My G/F and I are just starting to ride so Im sure we wont be going balls to the walls right away. Can my X6 be up graded tho compete with an X7?

·
Registered
163 Posts
The X7 and X6 look similar at a distance but the X7 frame is much more heavy duty. I had the same thought at first that the X6 would be good for me because it fit my skill level. What happened though is that after about a year I felt like I was out riding it. If I could do it all over again, I would have just bought an X7 in the first place. But don't get me wrong, the X6 is a great bike and I still love mine. I just ride it more for what it was intended, which is all mountain, while I can feel safe going off the wall with the X7 knowing I'm not hurting it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I went and rode this weekend and I think im hooked. I want to upgrade the suspension but am not sure which parts to but. Any suggestions? It is an 18 inch frame and I would like to get as much travel as possible from it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.