Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
can't wait to see'er built up! let me guess, you picked up some camo MTX's??

well, now you need to weld up some intricate, sweet looking headtube badge! and on the bottom of the downtube, stencil in with some solid spraypaint, something like "oneoff" or "RtW" etc., whatever you name it... stencils look oh so good over camo, or you should have camo'ed with different color stencil shapes layered up or something.... or do you really plan on stashing this in the woods?? haha... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Ooh, and get a red E13 bash guard! NOBODY, and i mean NOBODY has one of those! That would really make your bike stand out. But get clear if you want it to work with the coloration the best. Well, maybe red wouldn't look that bad . . .

Oh, and when the new for 2007 "vomit" colored truvativ components come out, put some of them on that frame, and it'll look totally sick (ha ha, bad pun!)! Get a camo seat as well!

Check 'em out!

Attachments

·
Hardtail Freak
196 Posts
lol, those vomit components are "sick" good joke dirty harry.

rick, nice bike, not sure i'm liking the brown **** coloured camo though, thought you were going with the grey/green/blue type of camo.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Rick,
That thing looked SO sick in raw aluminum. Oh well, I guess if you want something noones else has......It's still a REAL nice frame. I wish i had your talent with the TIG.
Cant wait to see it built up:)

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cranberry said:
Rick,
That thing looked SO sick in raw aluminum. Oh well, I guess if you want something noones else has......It's still a REAL nice frame. I wish i had your talent with the TIG.
Cant wait to see it built up:)
Thanks for the compliments, I see a bunch of raw frames every week, and I am looking for a one-off type, ya know.
The photo's don't do it justice.
Wait for the full bike. I'm probably going to do the fork sliders like the frame, and I'm looking into camo hoops too thanks to Bikesatori.
I really just badly want to huck it.
RTW.

·
Registered
290 Posts
It's a crying shame to paint that frame with spray cans. Please make friends with someone who paints cars for a living.

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
zaefod said:
It's a crying shame to paint that frame with spray cans. Please make friends with someone who paints cars for a living.
please go back to reading your magazines, where they can tell you what is cool and what is not....

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I want one! Man, I'm getting bike envy. That thing is the sh**!

What cranks are you putting on it? Normal black or silver ones, or are you gonna hold out for those gangreen truvativ ones I showed you? What brakes? Single speed or no?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
dirtyharry said:

What cranks are you putting on it? Normal black or silver ones, or are you gonna hold out for those gangreen truvativ ones I showed you? What brakes? Single speed or no?
he'll probably custom paint the cranks, and thoes if im not mistaken are the bb7s

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
nice start for sure! I like the stance, just asking to tackle something!

I usually put up a vote for 3pc chromo cranks... but since this is an aluminum build, I'd keep with that. Do you already have cranks? if not, has anybody here seen the upcoming SIC Ness cranks?? holy smokes....

is that a Nixon?
also, I see a cable guide/stop on the seattube, are you planning on running a triple or double set up in the front? what kind of guide? SMT possibly? :thumbsup: don't go evil or mrp, just to keep the flow of noticeably different and against the grain, not drowning out with other bikes. either way, I'm sure there is no other feeling than crankin' a rock steady rig that you built yourself. mad props.
as you can tell, us viewers can be hungry for a spec list, haha... ;)

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
dirtyharry said:
That looks like one of the longer travel Shermans.
It's a 2004 Minute Two 130mm. That SPV is the shizz when you launch.
The head angle is 70 degrees, and the seat tube is 71 just for that fork.
I judge forks by their tunability, and Manitou has it down IMO. I know many have issues with Manitou, but not me, and I can get any fork I want, and I use their's.
RTW.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
dirtyharry said:

My mind is made up, I'm going with a single ring, no front derailleur, a 32 or 34, and it will be Raceface, black.. Their sh!t don't break.
The brakes are Avid mechanical, 200 mm, the easiest to adjust. Avid levers. Thomson post, Speed V saddle.
An XTR 9 speed rear derailleur, XT pod trigger, Diabolous stem, Azonic WF bar, Mallet C pedals, Flak jacket cables and housing, SRAM PC-99 chain, Sun singletraks, Intense system tires.
Pics soon............
RTW.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts