Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Nice looking rig. Solid build. I bet it can take a beating. Tell us how it rides.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Great frames, bet you'll enjoy it, nice build too. Is that an F34 @ 140mm? While it seems quite a few people like running 140mm forks on these slacker HTs, I found that when I ran my V1 Paradox with a 120mm it needed slacking out just a tad, but for V2 they slacked it out, so would stick with a 120mm, if it were me - will sure make climbing a whole lot easier.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great frames, bet you'll enjoy it, nice build too. Is that an F34 @ 140mm? While it seems quite a few people like running 140mm forks on these slacker HTs, I found that when I ran my V1 Paradox with a 120mm it needed slacking out just a tad, but for V2 they slacked it out, so would stick with a 120mm, if it were me - will sure make climbing a whole lot easier.
The fork is F34 Talas 140 CTD, so I can adjust to 110mm and climb mode and it feels great when climbing. Here's a partial parts list

Race Face Turbine 2x10 Crank, 26-38, 180mm length, Shimano 11-36 cassette
XTR Shifters, XT Front Der., XTR Rear Der.,
XT Brakes, with 203mm/180m Ice Tech rotors
ZTR Flow EX 32 hole, with Chris King hubs frt/rr with SS rear driveshell, Continental X-King tubeless tires, 2.4 front/2.2 rear

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Ah, well then, you've got the best of both worlds, sans maybe a bit more stiction for the Talas feature. I've run Pro2/Flow wheels for 5 years now, really bomb proof, that being said, I'm now also giving some WTB ST i25 rims a go, will see how they last - like them as they're only a bit heavier than the Flows, but 2/3 the price.
The fork is F34 Talas 140 CTD, so I can adjust to 110mm and climb mode and it feels great when climbing. Here's a partial parts list

Race Face Turbine 2x10 Crank, 26-38, 180mm length, Shimano 11-36 cassette
XTR Shifters, XT Front Der., XTR Rear Der.,
XT Brakes, with 203mm/180m Ice Tech rotors
ZTR Flow EX 32 hole, with Chris King hubs frt/rr with SS rear driveshell, Continental X-King tubeless tires, 2.4 front/2.2 rear

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice looking rig. Solid build. I bet it can take a beating. Tell us how it rides.
I went for a longer ride Sunday morning, we did 14 miles and 2200' elevation gain. I was a little worried that since I no longer had the 22t granny gear, that I would struggle with the longer steeper climbs. I'm glad to say I was wrong, the 26-38 front crank was perfect. I record all my rides with Strava and the bike pedals and rolls so smoothly, that I had 15 personal records. My old bike would have had me hitting a wall and with the new bike I still had gas left in the tank at the end of the ride. This 29'er has made a believer out of me. I must say I was concerned about no longer having the 3x9 setup of my old 26'er, but I love my new 2x10. I've lost some top end speed, but I'll gladly give it up for the way I felt at the end of the ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.