Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like it quite a bit. When I was stationed in San Diego I was riding a Jamis Dakar full suspension and 26 inch wheels, I'm getting back into the sport and wanted a good entry bike that I can build up as I go. Had many friends suggest this bike. I'm sure I'll have the learning curve between it being a hardtail and the 27.5 wheels but it feels good so far. I do like the color scheme alot since my old bike was black and yellow, it sometimes look's like a bit of throw back when looking at it and remembering some of old rides on the Jamis.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can say that I like it quite abit. The bike feels excellent when riding. I will say I have yet to fully test it out, been having to deal with my schedule and pa weather issues. It is a very good feeling bike and is very responsive bike, and if your looking for a bike to be able to purchase for a reasonable price and build up it is a very excellent choice. The components are all entry level Shimano stuff. They are not great nor are they bad, but it is really cause it leads to endless possibilities. The frame is very well put together, with some very nice welds, and is not a very heavy bike either. I have added Shimano clip pedals as well as bar ends to it. I would positively suggest trying it. It is very much worth test riding and if the price is right purchasing. The frame feels excellent, all the components with the exception of the front hub and chain are Shimano. Any other questions feel free to ask.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I can say that I like it quite abit. The bike feels excellent when riding. I will say I have yet to fully test it out, been having to deal with my schedule and pa weather issues. It is a very good feeling bike and is very responsive bike, and if your looking for a bike to be able to purchase for a reasonable price and build up it is a very excellent choice. The components are all entry level Shimano stuff. They are not great nor are they bad, but it is really cause it leads to endless possibilities. The frame is very well put together, with some very nice welds, and is not a very heavy bike either. I have added Shimano clip pedals as well as bar ends to it. I would positively suggest trying it. It is very much worth test riding and if the price is right purchasing. The frame feels excellent, all the components with the exception of the front hub and chain are Shimano. Any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks. You've identified the exact issue -- the groupset. The price around here is the list of $600, whereas the 740, which has slightly nicer (but still low-end) Shimano components is $699. I am a bit torn as to whether you get anything for the extra money -- or whether to go with an all-Deore Scale 770 for $1100. I tend to think either the 750 or the 770 is the way to go, but continue to waffle. My guess is that I'll use it for riding with my kids a lot and trails relatively little, so the low-end components are probably a non-issue. Decisions, decisions!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.