Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL i missed that one , the pedel and wheen reflecters were gone and the compulsary bell that sellers have to put on bikes before selling them in england, its raining here so not being out yet apart from the car to the house which is about 30 seconds Yep its the new 2008 model i dont have a better camera its not a bad camera i used just bad lighting.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just cut 2 inch off the handlebars (1" each side) feels a lot better, no idea of the weight, sorry, i dont have any scales not even bathroom scales, tho.i will say the front end feels quite heavy but think its cuz im used to either bmx or full sus free ride machines this is intended as my do it all bike as i have had to cut down from having 6 bikes 2 two after getting married so i have this (replacement for my full sus marrin as some scally knicked it from the train station) and a cheepo race bike for commuting to work

Upgrades planned for the summer are some new pedels (dmr v12's) new forks (im ot sure what to get yet but heard the included arnt that good and would be nice to lose some weight?) and new grips and seat (white will look awful in a week or two of riding) and a new rear tire (something with a knobbly tread)) as it suits my riding style better.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Cool.... you can even guesstimate the weight of the bike? 31, 32, 33LB's?

cool, when i get mine, i'm leaving it stock.... i may change the pedals and saddle but that's it, i'm also getting rid of the front brake!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dtufino said:
Cool.... you can even guesstimate the weight of the bike? 31, 32, 33LB's?

cool, when i get mine, i'm leaving it stock.... i may change the pedals and saddle but that's it, i'm also getting rid of the front brake!
Ive really no idea its not too heavy just unbalanced but look here
http://forums.farkin.net/showthread.php?t=98744&page=5
this might help see post #46

·
gnar, brah
1,859 Posts
That bike was my regular gas-station-shuttle when we had one in stock for about two weeks. Rides really nice, very silent, and I think that frame in particular feels really compliant. The fork isn't that nice though, heavy and undersprung, in my opinion. I ride a higher end Marz DJ, which I think rides awesome, but I don't like the heavy front end either.

Anyway, good purchase, congrats. My homeboy is getting one later this week. He'll probably chop the bars an inch or two, swap the fork, and throw away the brakes...will probably wind up pretty lite!

·
Registered
267 Posts
i just realized, they come with Specailized Tires...... those things are terrible... for some Odd reason they make the front wheel look like a 24 and rear as a 26.. very odd indeed! lol

get some Kendas or Maxxis on there!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah the tires are pretty horrible and being specialized they will last a life time, front and back are different type of tyres and the front is 2.3 the rear 2.2 they look odd in the picture above bu not as bad in real life, BTW thanks for all the +ive coments

·
Im a Cowboy
787 Posts
dtufino said:
i just realized, they come with Specailized Tires...... those things are terrible... for some Odd reason they make the front wheel look like a 24 and rear as a 26.. very odd indeed! lol

get some Kendas or Maxxis on there!
It not the tyres (obviously), think its an optical illusion caused by the frame shape

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1st ride

took the dog for a walk in the woods / fields today and took my new toy it was a blat to ride in parts, very smooth and handles fairly well apart from being front heavy, only problem was the tires / tyres, its rained here in sunny old England (Yorkshire) for the last 4 days solid i had no control on the many muddy sections the tires had no grip what so ever in deep mud and was the bike was sliding everywhere, but i am happy with my purchase just need to make a few adjustments when time permits and give her a quick clean.. lol :thumbsup:

·
yaha ha
586 Posts
spzero said:
took the dog for a walk in the woods / fields today and took my new toy it was a blat to ride in parts, very smooth and handles fairly well apart from being front heavy, only problem was the tires / tyres, its rained here in sunny old England (Yorkshire) for the last 4 days solid i had no control on the many muddy sections the tires had no grip what so ever in deep mud and was the bike was sliding everywhere, but i am happy with my purchase just need to make a few adjustments when time permits and give her a quick clean.. lol :thumbsup:
i wouldnt expect those tires to have any grip in the slop. there for hardpack DJs

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.