Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
aka Jesse Palmer
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so here is my new bike I buildt up a few months ago for XC racing (did some collegiate racing last year on my Azonic Saber, not exactly the fastest bike up the hill). Thanks to our sponsor Jim Klemens over at Beyond Fabrications for hooking me up with the frame :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
aka Jesse Palmer
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
My first "light" bike. Total weight is 23lbs, not the lightest thing ever, but I don't have a whole ton of money, and I didnt want it to be too sketchy on the downhills. So far it has one 24hour race under its belt and I like it! Feels very light and fast on the climbs and flats, and not too shabby on the rocky decents either.

Attachments

·
aka Jesse Palmer
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, almost forgot:

Rear Derailleur x.9
Front Derailleur XT FD-M761
Crankset Race Face Deus
Brakes Hayes HFX-9
Shifters x.9
Cassette XT CS-M760
Chain XT CN-HG93
Headset FSA Orbit Z
Handlebar Yeti Carbon Riser
Grips Ritchey WCS
Stem Ritchey WCS
Tubes whatever is on sale
Tires michelin (free, replacing with something else)
Wheels WTB / DT Swiss (stronger spokes on rear drive side) / XC717
Skewers XTR
Seatpost U.S.E. ALIEN CYCLOPS
Saddle Selle Italia SLR XP
Pedals EGG BEATER C
Fork Marz Marathn SL

So what should I mark down for upgrading down the road?

·
Get your freak on!
2,696 Posts
jp3d said:
So what should I mark down for upgrading down the road?
Awesome bike! The spec seems near perfect!

The only part on the bike that really stands out is the brakes, I had those brakes and much prefer my Magura Martas:)

Also maybe the pedals but in the future (get some with some sort of 'Ti' on it).

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Niiiice!

23 lbs is pretty good for a bike with gears and disc brakes. My weight weenie hardtail is an alu frame, rim brakes, super noodley 24 spoke front wheel, and a bunch of low-rent budgetlight stuff, and it comes in at 22.5 lbs.

The only places I can see where you can shave a tad of weight would be the brakes and maybe the fork. That won't get you much lighter, tho. Prolly not worth the hassle.

You could loose a quarter pound in rotational weight by using stupid light innertubes. I use them and have good results.

Hey, did you get an accurate weight weenie gram scale weight on the frame before building?

Congrats on the nice build!

·
Registered
751 Posts
BikeNerd2453 said:
Are those the same guys that used to make the Berylium MTB bikes way back in the day??? If so, cooool! That was one of the cooler frames out there.
Anyway, your new rig is pretty damned sweet, congrat!

BN
yes, it appears so...

http://beyondfab.com/_wsn/page14.html

i especially love this:

"If you need to get a satellite launched this week, we may be able to help."

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
CONGRATs on your build...

The frame is truly a WORK of ART..:thumbsup: Am I jealous? O'hell YES-:lol::lol::lol:

Jake Pay,