Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
singlespeed smash brother
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of Jonze bars on my xc ss and I just couldn't get used to regular bars on my Am rig so I picked up these babys cheap. So far so good . They are very comfie. Feels wierd having a 120mm stem on a AM rig but my hands sit around the same spot as if I were running a 100-90mm stem and normal risers.

Attachments

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
shwinboy said:
I have a set of Jonze bars on my xc ss and I just couldn't get used to regular bars on my Am rig so I picked up these babys cheap. So far so good . They are very comfie. Feels wierd having a 120mm stem on a AM rig but my hands sit around the same spot as if I were running a 100-90mm stem and normal risers.
That's not AM - where is the Gravity Dropper lever? j/k Looks sweet.

·
Baby Bear is in the house
2,069 Posts
Jones H-Bar

shwinboy said:
Jeff Jones said he's licensed the H-Bar design to Titec. Expect the aluminum H-Bar to be available, just not sure when :p

·
conjoinicorned
3,525 Posts
don't forget mary

i was rocking mary bars on the SS, now the AM bike and the commuter also have a set. straight bars (riser or flat!) are on their way out, slowly...

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
mmmmmhhhh... it reminds me of the handlebars found on the Diamonbacks of late 80's-early 90's

Then the flat bar came because everybody wanted to race, then the riser came again... and it seems we're going full circle to the beginning.

Nice set-up.... let us know how it works out for you in the long run.
I remember hating an angle so pronounced on the bars on tight switchbacks back then.

·
Baby Bear is in the house
2,069 Posts
is that right?

An e-mail from Jeff himself last April said, Titec "will be making" a licensed aluminum version and that he didn't know when it will be available. I wouldn't be surprised if some Taiwanese manufacturers have knocked off the design :rolleyes:

Hardtails Are Better said:
They've been avaliable for quite a while. I remember seeing them in the QBP catalogue maybe 8-12 months ago.

·
Custom User Title
1,282 Posts
I have a riser bar and that is about as trendy as I'll go for bars. The Jeff bars just look too much beach cruiser for my taste.

Anyways I think they would look downright wrong on my Moment.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.