Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is nice to see all those custom builds out there.
I have been around 29ers long enough to know what I wanted in a new bike.
1. The down tube has to be manipulated to give me bottom bracket stiffness.
2. It needs to have a tapered head tube to give me the front end control I crave.
3. It needs to have 16.9 inch chain stays with plenty of clearance for any tire I wish to run.
4. It needs to run a conventional front triple and clamp on type derailleur.
5. The geometry has to be able to comply with drop bars, since I have wanted to try them out forever.
6. It has to be rim brake compatible.
7. It needs to have top tube cable routing.
8. It has to be orange with white graphics and a white saddle.
And lastly it has to come in at under $600!

A few shots:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bonesetter2004 said:
That looks a bit like Devin's work...

Here's mine
Except my builder doesn't use a dremmel!
 

·
Gumby
Joined
·
74 Posts
richwolf said:
2. It needs to have a tapered head tube to give me the front end control I crave.
But yet you have an adjustable stem on it? I'm confused. The adjustable stem would be your weak point I think
 

·
Rider and Wrench
Joined
·
1,478 Posts
richwolf said:
Except my builder doesn't use a dremmel!
If you went with hydros you would be in the dremmel boat as well... not too many hydro rim brakes out there but they are out there-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
timbo337 said:
But yet you have an adjustable stem on it? I'm confused. The adjustable stem would be your weak point I think
Strictly for fitting purposes since I am trying out drops.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guys,

Just look at the poster before you decide to click!
 

·
Self-defeatist
Joined
·
965 Posts
richwolf said:
1. The down tube has to be manipulated to give me bottom bracket stiffness.
2. It needs to have a tapered head tube to give me the front end control I crave.
3. It needs to have 16.9 inch chain stays with plenty of clearance for any tire I wish to run.
4. It needs to run a conventional front triple and clamp on type derailleur.
5. The geometry has to be able to comply with drop bars, since I have wanted to try them out forever.
6. It has to be rim brake compatible.
7. It needs to have top tube cable routing.
8. It has to be orange with white graphics and a white saddle.
And lastly it has to come in at under $600!
That's a pretty specific list. If you fulfilled all of those criteria, congrats. I can't wait to see the whole build. Good for you for teasing. :) The 29er board users seems so entitled sometimes. (double :))
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh, and it has to be lighter than my Titanium hardtail!
 

·
Rider down under
Joined
·
251 Posts
What a let down clicking on that was. When I see a post about somebody's new ride I'm expecting some decent bike porn, not a bloody striptease show.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
RomJan27 said:
Use lower aperture, something like f11 or f16. thats if you're using a dslr camera.
I did, and I used it wide open as part of the strip tease!
 
1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Top