Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:madman:It's a brand new bike I ordered and I just brought it home. It doesn't even have pedals yet. Somebody always has to say something about reflectors:madman:

Believe me by the end of the day it will be fully destickered and dereflected and I will have swapped all of my necessary parts. I already have a Surly 14T cog on the rear. The stock cog feels like a one pound stamped out piece of iron crap. The bike has a very flat paint job and looks much nicer in person. It's also much lighter than I expected it to be. It came with a giant full size chain guard and chain guard extension piece not installed by the bike builder (too bad):p

·
Registered
13,051 Posts
that seems like a lot of investment in a bike for something you're going to ride on pavement. that bike needs to see trails, all day, every day.

most mid- to high-end bikes don't come with pedals because riders are so picky about what clipless setup they want. it would be pointless to put pedals on it at all because 75% of the riders are going to want something different and feel they are wasting money on pedals they won't use, or expect the bike shop to swap them out.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's a few more pics.

I live in Florida. 14T is fast and works just fine because it's soooooooo flat here. There's no mountains here so the 18T stock cog is way too low for me.:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
do you like that saddle? nice bike.
It's a Bontrager CRZ sport saddle from a couple years ago, it's light, has good but firm cushion for each cheek and was $25. It's much more comfy to me than $150 saddles I've tried. I have the same one on my road bike. Unfortunately they don't make them anymore. I can ride 50 miles on this seat w/o bike shorts and I have zero discomfort/numbness. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I noticed something interesting while putting on a Q/R seat post clamp. The seat tube has three evenly spaced cutout slits for the seat post clamp instead of the usual one. Were they having seat post slippage issues on the previous models?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Man enough to run a 14 tooth cog, but not man enough to escape the gel hybrid saddle. Such is this paradoxical existence.
The saddle is firm foam, no gel. It looks bigger/wider than it is because of the perspective of the one picture. Saddle comfort is very individual and this is my favorite saddle of all time. I'd buy a couple more as backups if they still made them.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.