Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked it up this morning, and took a quick trip down the riverbed, sandy, rocky, little jumps nothing too serious but I only had an hour and its close to home.
This thing rolls like a dream!
I bought the thing having never ridden a 29er, but at this point, Im stoked.
Actually I bought the bike sight unseen, except for the pics on Giants website, which really do no do this bike justice.
I have a disorder when it comes to major purchases.
I research, then I compare, then I join one of these sites, then I ask what everybody ELSE thinks, then I research, and compare some more, buy some magazines, search the web for every minute detail ever written, uttered, dreamed, or farted.
Well, maybe not farted.
The frame is a matte white, which doesn't show up well in these pics, but trust me,IMHO this is one of the best finishes Ive seen on any bike.
I havent ridden in several years, (Last bike was a Pro Flex), Feels good to be in the wind again.
Im a noob at the pics resizing, and uploading so please be kind.
Yeah the white pedals and grips are a little much, but until they are non serviceable (fubar), they'll stay.
:D

Attachments

·
Registered
946 Posts
U.S. Average Retail Price: $1,350* The xtc29er 2
U.S. Average Retail Price: $2,050* The xtc29er 1
U.S. Average Retail Price: $599* for the Frame.
I like it! nice bike! I used to ridr & race Giants you just got me looking at this frame, I must find out the weight of the frame?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just picked up the 2011 XTC 1. The LBS and I settled at $1744. I had cash, the snow was flying and he was hungry :thumbsup:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PS The "Giant " logo appears 22 times on the bike.
GEEZ!
Three times on front wheel,
twice on the rear
twice on each grip
Eight times on the frame
Twice on the seatpost
once on the seat
once on the dust cover on the steering stem,
Twice on the handlebars.

Guess Ill skip the Giant jersey, and travel mug.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.