Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a 16 Mutz this past spring with the intention of making it my full time, 4 season trail bike.

I've switched things up here and there to make it suit the type of riding we do here (mostly rocky, rooty single track with some downhill sessions thrown in for good measure). I live in northern Ontario Canada so it will see cold af temps and snow.

The bike came with a bluto/topaz t3 combo. Love the rear shock but the bluto got swapped for a 150mm wren soon after I got the bike. But not before I took it to the mountain, all I can say is the bluto is not meant for anything resembling a dh run lol. The wren improved the overall feel of the bike and kicked the front end up nicely. Long story short, I ended up swapping the wren for a mastadon pro that I freaking love so far.

The rest of the parts list is as follows.

Spank spike stem
King headset/BB
Answer pro taper carbon bars, @ 780ish mm
Odi rogue grips
Wolf tooth dropper lever
Gx 11spd shifter
Saint 820 brakes with 203mm rotors
Thompson elite dropper
Titec el norte seat for some old school cool
Xo rear derailleur with sram 9-42 casette
Sram chain
Raceface cranks/32t chain ring
Diety black Kat/ crank bros. mallet e pedals
Bontager jackalope rims laced to a DT 350 front and hope fatsno rear hub
Maxxis minion 4.8 fbf and 4.0 fbr tires set up tubeless

So far I am very impressed to say the least. This thing eats up the trial like a mofo and I have no issues keeping up to the normies on their 27.5s and 29s. Well no issues besides maybe the whole stamina/fitness thing that is..

View attachment 1269189

View attachment 1269191

D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Gorgeous build! I just picked up a 19 rocky mountain Blizzard 20 and put on a sram eagle 12 speed and mastodon comp ext front fork, surly sunrise bars and a few other mods right away, I love the mastodon, next build is going to be a mutz frame up build. I don't know that they build a better bike than the mutz, like ever. Lol

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.